Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf VS KKM Barrels

dhunt91

Everyone is correct, the overly tight chamber is the problem with Lone Wolf but....I ordered one 3 weeks ago and asked Dan the Armorer to ream the chamber for lead and throat the barrel and he did it and shipped the same day at no charge. I have purchased several barrels from LWD and had them do this before shipping and have had no problems afterwards at all. If you decide to order one because they are immediately available or they are less expensive be sure to talk with Dan and get the work done before they ship it. I also do a little extra polishing on the feed ramp too. I have several KKM's, Storm Lakes and other than the "fitted" Bar-Sto I cannot discern much of a difference in any of them after the work has been done.

I really don't understand why LWD does not ream and throat all of their barrels. If they would they would sell a ton of them everyday. I have spoken with the owner about this but he stubbornly refuses to change them, Go figure...

ive done 4 open glock builds. used both. i know everyone loves KKM. but ive used many LWDs since you can get them much cheaper. never had issues. held up to the 180PF+ loads just fine. accuracy was great. MY 2 cents is that the KKMs didnt do anything that the LWD didnt, and there was quite a large price difference.

I have to agree about the Wolf logo. I get all of mine under marked so I don't have to look at that thing. There are several things holding that company back and that is one of them. You are right about the accuracy between the 2 barrels. If there is a difference I certainly cannot see it. I have no proof where the LWD's are made or for that matter the KKM's but once they are reamed and throated you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. I had to have my KKM barrels throated to run 1.150 OAL with coated lead TC's so 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

My accuracy improved and their tolerances are much tighter than the OEM barrels. Many complain their chambers are too tight, in fact. They do have a stupid logo on them if that matters and they cost a lot less than comparable barrels.

I'd still buy 'em if they were made in Kathy Gifford's sweat shop by orphans on a forced diet of beetles and pond water.

Mark

Edited by redial