Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deltapoint part deux!

Akkid17

anyone know how much longer this will be for a wait? I want to put a slide ride optic on a gun for fun and like the DP, but if the new one is coming out then I'd rather have it.

Also, why the stupid triangle? that's the only thing on the sight making my think RMR instead

You can get a triangle (delta point) or the 3.5 DOT and the 3.5 is perfect and around a 6 mill dot that is on the Cmores.

My delta point has a 3.5 DOT. The dot Is clear and bright compared to the Cmore I took off. When I turn up the Cmore I would get the star burst, not on the DP. Much lighter feel also. I want to add the Cmore I took off has been on the gun for a while but it was still going strong. SlideRide Cmore.

Edited by a matt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know of the issues with Burris, keep in mind this class of optics saw 7 years of intensive development in order to satisfy a SOCOM requirement for a MRDSs, the Insight/L3 and Trijicon RMR both meet Mil standards for combat optics in:

· Drop Test

· Battery life

· Salt Spray

· Diveability to 66 Feet

Leupold was awarded a SOCOM contract for a optics package that included a MRD for SOCOM last year, I see the same features needed to pass Mil Standards in the Delta Point II as in the Insight/L3 and Trijicon MRD's.

Out.

2011BLDR

Do you know much about this contract?

I haven't seen any of these floating around- yet...

Edited by WeDefy

Good to know of the issues with Burris, keep in mind this class of optics saw 7 years of intensive development in order to satisfy a SOCOM requirement for a MRDSs, the Insight/L3 and Trijicon RMR both meet Mil standards for combat optics in:

· Drop Test

· Battery life

· Salt Spray

· Diveability to 66 Feet

Leupold was awarded a SOCOM contract for a optics package that included a MRD for SOCOM last year, I see the same features needed to pass Mil Standards in the Delta Point II as in the Insight/L3 and Trijicon MRD's.

Out.

2011BLDR

Do you know much about this contract?

I haven't seen any of these floating around- yet...

Initial Award is split between Leupold and Aimpoint, as stated the original Delta point couldn’t pass Mil Standards (drivable to 66’). Delta point II looks to be addressing the shortfalls. Search ECOS-O, Link:

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2013/04/02/ecos-o-optic-contract-award/

Out.

2011BLDR

If PO happens then im sure Matt would consider it. Until then that division is pure speculation so if i were in his shoes, id wait.

Ive heard some rumors that the Deltapoint 2 was canceled. Does anyone have it on good authority that leupold is still going ahead with the project?

Seems like you'd ask the opposite - anyone have on good authority that it isn't going to happen?

Gotta think that a company as experienced in optics as Leupold would do that far before launch and pouring a lot of marketing $$ into a new product launch.

Optics planet took my Delta Point 2 order and applied a discount as if it were in stock, although it said ship 2-3 weeks. Of course it said that a month or so ago when I tried to order the first time :-)

Probably a manufacturing or logistics/supply chain issue, that stuff is touch to get right on a new product. But it would be nice to get some feedback from them for all of us waiting ...

Quick update - I just got off the phone with Leupold.

The Deltapoint 2 is no longer planned for production. It was felt to be redundant to the delta point pro, and won't be produced. They are saying the pro version might be available to the consumer market in 1Q of 15.

I'm sure glad I bought a carver comp mount with the delta point mounting pattern to have ready when these ship.....