Which LW BCG?

stre-tch

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is the difference between the black and the polished JP? any benefit of the black coated over the polished? easier to clean?

The black is a QPQ surface treatment that results in a harder, higher lubricity surface. It is a little easier to clean and that is what I use for my rifles with low mass carriers.

As stated earlier in the post, JP is tough to beat. John lives and breaths this stuff. He is a great competitor in his own right and supports the sport. The JP is tough to beat. Like Jesse said, it can get confusing if you don't test enough. The JP will always run and if you are not a top level shooter, don't waist your time and money. There is a difference with the extra light BC, they do shoot softer, but you do need to know what you are getting into. I would be interested in one of the Ti carriers myself. Any contacts on it would help.

I have run a youngs LW carrier for a couple years. It has always run flawlessly in my rifle. It is very easy to clean, just wipe it off, and it is instantly back to like new. JP has always supported this sport, from the very beginning, and that means a lot. I use one of his lowers, triggers, barrels and heatsinks. I would use one of his carriers in a minute, but when I did my build, I was impressed with the Youngs, and it has never let met down.

"I'm not sure the enhanced is worth it" (Jesse)....It is in some women, or at least it increases their Facebook hits I'm told.

As for the bolt it is really well made and of real good material, but I'm kinda with Jesse on tthis...I've never had trouble with a standard J.P. bolt. If you ment bolt carrier the YES the J.P. is the way to go a.d absolutely worth it!

Edited by kurtm

What is your opinion on the rubber city bcg?

Who are you asking?

The forum....This is a thread about LW bcg and no one had expressed any opinions on the rubber city ones. I'm building a backup gun and they seem like a less expensive option.

JP weights:

Complete BCG 8.75 ounces

Just the Carrier 6.25 ounces

I was hoping someone would pipe up on the RCA carriers as they certainly gave enough of them away for people to try. I will just say I would rather run a mil-spec, JP, or a BPM carrier.

Edited by MarkCO

Ended up with the jp lw carrier. I was going to wait for the titane but their evasive answers and no timeline made me jump on the jp. There is also another titanium bcg from st. Croix tactical but i decided to go with a proven track record

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

if someone was to buy the JP low mass carrier, buffer and spring....is it pretty close to being a "plug & play" product or is there still some tinkering with the gas that will need to be done.

if someone was to buy the JP low mass carrier, buffer and spring....is it pretty close to being a "plug & play" product or is there still some tinkering with the gas that will need to be done.

Unless the brass ejection pattern is already between 2:30 and 3:30, I'd say gas adjustment will be needed for most any low mass setup.

I just built a rifle with the JP carrier/bolt, steel buffer tube and silent captured spring.

can you say "smoooooooth" ?

a very minor reduction in gas pressure and it's perfecto!

My other ARs run NP3 coated Wilson Combat BCGs and Vltor A5s and that is a very slick running setup but the JP is even slicker..

I like the "system" approach and it certainly works.

would it be wise then if i was building another upper with a low mass carrier to use something like a Noveske adjustable gas block for the sake of easy adjustment?

It depends on the barrel gas port size and ammo too. If you run a normally configured barrel and full pop ammo, then you would have to cut the gas some to get it tuned. The Noveske is not the unit for tuning...it is just 3 settings.

Most people running the Nordic Competition barrel do not need to tune the gas at all since the gas port is reduced in size a bit.

I am running a Wilson Combat SPR 18 1/7 stainless, it's a good shooter (as are all their barrels)

I would love to test the Nordic, I am sure it's been done right..

My Benelli runs their stuff..

Shooters,

Its been in the works for a while but its finally here!

21% reduction in carrier weight

Lifetime Warranty

LifeCoat coating technology

reduces friction, increased service life between maintenance

Voodoo Innovations VDI LifeCoat DI Low Mass Bolt Carrier

And

Voodoo Innovations Low Mass VDI LifeCoat Bolt Carrier Group

post-53147-0-61524000-1396382768_thumb.p

Edited by AdamsArms

would it be wise then if i was building another upper with a low mass carrier to use something like a Noveske adjustable gas block for the sake of easy adjustment?

It depends on the barrel gas port size and ammo too. If you run a normally configured barrel and full pop ammo, then you would have to cut the gas some to get it tuned. The Noveske is not the unit for tuning...it is just 3 settings.

Most people running the Nordic Competition barrel do not need to tune the gas at all since the gas port is reduced in size a bit.

I'm in that boat when I use my Carbon Arms 16" upper. Got that nifty Nordic barrel. Fixed gas block. Never had a gas-related problem with it and the guys watching me fly through the shoot house said it was flat as a table top while I went blasting from room to room. Obviously the comp helps too.

I use a JP low mass carrier to round out the operating system for that configuration.