Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for help (Dillon Super 1050)

Well, I have a pretty simple question. I reload 9mm 98% of the time. Can anyone recommend a bright light that I can shine into the case that has the powder in it. My eyes are not as good as they once were. I really want to see physically the charge in the case. I know pretty close how much it should be, and can see its not a double charge or squib.

I have seen some light, but they all seem to just get in the way while loading. I have good light above my press but shell plate leaves a lot to be desired. Oh, before anyone goes to a melt down. I do weight my charges on a scale before each loading session. The visual check is a broad based visual.

Thanks for any help.

:cheers:

Hey guys. Does anyone have a good solution for putting some brite light on the shell plate of my 1050. I am only looking to light the shell that has just received a powder charge. Everything I have seen so far is either too big, or really no way to mount it. I really like to see each piece of brass with a powder drop in it. I know that visual is not an accurate measure or the powder charge. It serves only to let my old eyes see inside it.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Ken

:sight:

I used a flashlight & bicycle handlebar mount, mounted to case feeder column.

see

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321152396454?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310396693514?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

hope this helps, tried to include pic, but couldn't figure out how.

Excellent, great idea, I will check this out.

• 2 weeks later...

i used the flexable battery operated light for a while until i found a goosneck LED light at lowes that is much better and i eventually got one for both sides of the loader. super bright and compact

• 3 weeks later...