Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Release Accessories Mounts for CR Speed Style Belts ( No ELS)

I've been looking for a way to configure my 3 Gun gear for each stage without having to switch over to a complete ELS rig. To date that means always taking it off and moving stuff around. There are a lot of really nice mag pouches and holsters etc out there for the CR Speed type belts so ELS always felt like moving to something unknown.

Anyway, it's been on my project list and I finally got around to it. I've built one so far and it's working really well. Now I just need to create some simple fixturing and build myself a bunch more.

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

Gondo, sorry for my ignorance, but which one of the TMMS minis goes on the accessory and which one goes on the belt? Inner on the accesory? If that is the case, why would the kit have two outer and 1 inner? I though you have one belt location (outer) that will allow changing configuration (multiple inners attached to pouches for shotgun shells or ar magazines).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jid2 those are awesome, very clean design.

TitoR on the TMMS the outer attaches to the accessory and the inner attaches to the belt.

Edited by Tiwaz

What you might want to think of doing is to take your idea for the belt part......make it work for the ELS hook. My reasoning is that the ELS hook has many ways to attach holsters, shell caddies, etc.

The weakest link on the ELS is the part that attaches to the belt. I believe that a very well known shooter was DQ'd once due to the fact that his pistol (in the holster) was ripped off his belt when it got caught on something in a car.

The belt part that you have is the easy part to make anyways!

Just my $.02........Nice design.

Tim

Yeah - I considered making the belt adapter work with an ELS clip. The ELS clip is just SO wide, it ends up taking lots of room. But it's not a crazy idea, might be worth looking at as well.

I need to look at some shot shell caddies and see what will work best to mount to my clip. For me it's going to be for pouches for speed loaders, or that Safariland leg mount holder thingy. Honestly it seems like a simple single hole in the middle is actually pretty good. The ELS clip and that TMMS clip prescribe a bunch of holes in certain patterns and the way they mold them you cant really add your own hole. So if you use something that works it's great, but not super flexible if it doesn't.

I think I need about 6 of these. At least 5 for my Taccom Quick Caddies. Somehow this seems more appealing to me than the Safariland ELS. I guess I'm really attached to my CR Speed belts.

The weakest link on the ELS is the part that attaches to the belt. I believe that a very well known shooter was DQ'd once due to the fact that his pistol (in the holster) was ripped off his belt when it got caught on something in a car.

Supposed to use the QLS with holsters. ELS is for pouches, accessories.....

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/duty/qas.aspx

Gondo, sorry for my ignorance, but which one of the TMMS minis goes on the accessory and which one goes on the belt? Inner on the accesory? If that is the case, why would the kit have two outer and 1 inner? I though you have one belt location (outer) that will allow changing configuration (multiple inners attached to pouches for shotgun shells or ar magazines).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man i have no clue why ppl package them like that. The female goes on the belt and bladetech includes 2 but only one male, funny way to do things i think. BUTTT what you can do is buy them from Shooters Source and Jeremy sales them in the kit or individual female or male pieces!!! Plus he ships them same day and is always good to do business with. The more i use these the more i like them. I use them for my shell holders in 3 gun and i can run traditional, load 2 or quad depending on what the stages requires and I just slide them off when not using them... caz who wants to reset steel with quad loads on their belt anyway. I think they are pretty well made but only time will tell. I would trust anything on them except my pistol.

Gondo, thanks i'll check out shooters source, I only need three: one for my AR mag pouch and two for my quad load carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put your ar mag on the back of your belt and forget about it till you need it...