Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why STI Marauder for 3 gun comps?

neckbone

I saw this as well. I recently got a 5" tri-topped Eagle bushing barrel in 9mm, threw an STI SS magwell on it for a little added weight, and tuned some 140 mags for it. I don't think it gets much better than that for 3-gun :cheers: (At least as factory guns go)

Edited by EngineerEli

Well dropped my deposit on one today. guy at shooters connection. it was basically a IDPA ESP gun but some one in the marketing dept said to market it to the 3 gun guys, Since 3 guns is becoming so popular. I was gonna go with an eagle but like the looks of it. Its suppose to be a outta the box Awesome ESP class gun for gamers. So we will see im number 2 on the list so heres to hoping low serial number and best quality..

WTH. All they did was take the Eagle and put a rail on it. The tactical 5.0 is basically the same thing except full dust cover and its $500 less. I personally would just save $500, get the tactical and some extra mags.

WTH. All they did was take the Eagle and put a rail on it. The tactical 5.0 is basically the same thing except full dust cover and its $500 less. I personally would just save $500, get the tactical and some extra mags.

But if IDPA is your thing, you're better off with the marauder.

Would the Marauder be legal for IDPA ESP? It doen't have a bushing barrel.

Quoted from the STI Rep on another forum:

Barrel: 5.11 STI Bushing Barrel, Ramped, Fully Supported

So it would be IDPA ESP legal.

Great info. The STI website said bull barrel and I was confused. Glad a STI rep clarified it.

Thanks for killing my savings account :)

Great info. The STI website said bull barrel and I was confused. Glad a STI rep clarified it.

Thanks for killing my savings account :)

I took a look at the site and saw what you read on there. The description appears to be misleading. In the stock photos you can make out the barrel bushing. I'd send them an email to be absolutely certain, but it looks to be a bushing barrel.

The nitride finish adds to cost......

H&H quoted me $200 for an entire pistol in black nitride. So it's kind of all about what you want, and what you want to do. Compromise between dust cover lengths, anticipation that the night time 3 guns will get more popular? If I were to buy a out of the box one that's the way I would go. But I went the custom route.

• 10 months later...

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE OF THESE?? i have money burning a whole in my pocket and for the life of me i cant find one new or used in 9mm

Email me at dustin@stiguns.com with your location and I will do my best to find you one in the morning.