Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Joining the M&P Club - Holster and Mag Pouch Recommendations

ZackJones

I'll soon be jointing the M&P owner's club when my .40 Pro gets delivered to my FFL and I take delivery from him. I'm planning to use this pistol for USPSA and Steel Challenge Production Division shooting. I've used Blade-tech holsters in the past and will probably go that route for this pistol but I'd be interested in hearing your recommendations for holster and mag pouches. I need to re-read the production Division rules but I'd also be interested in knowing what production-legal modifications you've done to your M&P.

I run a 9mm M&P Pro 5" in production using the standard BLADE-TECH Outside the Waistband (OWB) holster with the DOH and a sting ray belt loop (works well with a CR Speed belt). Good retention and easy to draw from. I also use the CR Speed mag pouches.

As for mods, I installed a SSS Tungsten Guide rod with 14lb Wolff spring and have a Custom trigger job by Pedro Ortiz (Savannah, GA) - 3lbs, less take up, very little over travel and short reset.

Hope that helps. Best of luck, Adam.

My Production rig for the M&P is Ready Tactical holster and pouches, I like it. The Blade Tech is good too.

As for mods, I did the Apex (comp) set-up (sear/USB/springs), except for the trigger, to stay Production legal.

HI5-O: Thanks for the recommendation for Ready Tactical. I haven't heard of them before so I'll check them out. I was looking at the Apex kits and was thinking about this one (https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid36.html) if it's production legal, that is.

bigfish: Good point about power factor. I bought the 40 over the 9 so I could load minor loads for production or major loads for L10 or Limited if I decide to shoot in those divisions. I'm picking up a case of .40's from Bayou Bullets next week and will use those for my loads.