Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

questions on benelli m1

sheepdog566

Taran Butler has said he loves the M1. Kurt Miller has won a bunch of major events with his trusty M1.

I believe you will find some other subtle differences but one that comes to mind is that the M1 does not have and shim adjustable stock.

for $650 BUY IT!!!

DITTO, what Pat said,..... I'd buy an M1 and never look back, I've got several Benelli's without the comfortech stocks and simply adding a good pad, like kickeze or such you'll never feel a difference.

you can order a shim kit, 650.00 is a great price.

Trapr

Can't go wrong for that price. Worst case if you don't like it you won't lose money selling it. I would tube it and run the cr@p out of it! Maybe weld the lifter fork and round the corners on the loading port once you decide you want to keep it. I run a 26" barrel and I have never felt that it was too long.

My M1 runs all but the 26gram featherlight loads reliably. It is stock, except for a Nordic tube, clamp, spring and follower and a longer fiber front sight. I have the older shell carrier (some say lifter), it has not been welded nor does it need to be for me.

Hurley

You'll love the M1.

I have an M1, and had Steve Rose cut the barrel down to 21". I put a Nordic extended bolt handle and +5 tube on it. Also added Taran's extended bolt release and lifters. I wanted to keep the stock lifter just in case I had issues. Runs like a top.

The extended bolt handle and bolt release aren't necessary. I only added the lifter so my wife could load it easier. She has small thumbs, and would get it caught occasionally. I paid $700 for it a few years ago, and with all the add on's and Steve's work I'm still cheaper than a stock M2.

A 26" gun will be a M1 super 90 field...it will indeed have shims to adjust the stock, so it is just like the M2 in that regard. Fully adjustable.

The M1 and M2 will not interchange shims. Found out the hard way myself.

If you buy shims make sure you order the right ones for your gun.