Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tired of these rusting CZ mags!

GrumpyOne

If they are rusting you must chemically remove the rust then oil them. I use Kano Silikroil which eats rust and when wiped dry will leave some protection. If you don't get rid of the rust it will just keep coming back.

I rub them LIGHTLY with a very fine sandpaper block. like 2000grit.

only in the really rusty spots. I then spray silicone spray onto a rag and rub them with that. after that they are good for a few months unless I go to a rainy match and the get nicely wet. after that just a quick wipe with the rag with silicone sprayed on and they're good to go again.

Wipe them down with a silicon rag after you use them and before you put them away. No rust. Don't it, yes, they will get rust.

I bought one of those cheap Silicon rags and then got a Spray can of Silicon at the auto parts store. Just spray down the rag every couple of weeks to keep it fresh. Keep it in a ziploc bag.

Well, I bought some Krud Kutter rust remover...read all the instructions and followed them....soaked the mags in it for 30 minutes...then read the very last fine print...Firearms: Blueing is dissolved instantly by the remover....

Got me some shiny in the white mags now!

Let them rust again, spray them with rust encapsulate, steel wool, repeat, then oil them. Or liver of sulfur, or cupric nitrate for color and steel wool repeat until you get your desired color. They will be patina of your liking.

JZ