Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger ... (puns intended)

StraightUp_OG

On this bad boy:

sp01.jpg

I could search out the answers to the questions that will inevitably come up but I thought I would be preemptive and ask the CZ guru's; What do I need to know and or get besides more mags?

Any recommendations and info will be mucho appreciated!

ETA Heading out to Tuesday night steel so I will check back after the match. (Shooting open not the CZ)

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Best bang for your buck in mags are the 17 round MecGar AFCs from Greg Cote LLC.

For USPSA Production Division is there a basepad/spring option to increase the capacity of these mags?

They have a plus 2 but for production you don't need it. Some say the 19 rounders will not fit the box.

Best bang for your buck in mags are the 17 round MecGar AFCs from Greg Cote LLC.

For USPSA Production Division is there a basepad/spring option to increase the capacity of these mags?

They have a plus 2 but for production you don't need it. Some say the 19 rounders will not fit the box.

Got it... Thanks for the info.

Glk21C... No ten round limit on USPSA Production division here. Is that a Maryland thing?

um yeah get the pre-b disco.

looks like it already has comp hammer and adjustable sights.

I'd grab a slide stop as a spare.

some spare fibre rod if you run a fibre front site.

get some recoil springs and hammer springs and play around till you get the combo you like

more mags

that's about it. just remember CZ shadows like quite a short COAL (unless you've had your chamber reamed). somewhere under 1.100 is the go.

Thanks all!!! This is what I am talking about!

And yeah the CNC thread may start seeing CZ's in the future. Right now I just needed a good production heater and by all accounts this is a good one. But once I get my hands dirty and see how things work I am sure a build will be inevitable.

Sure feels good in the hand and CZ Custom did one hell of a job on the action. I almost fell out of my chair when I first tried the double action. Holy cow is it smooooooth!

When I handle my friends' glocks, M & Ps, springfields, walthers, etc. I feel like competing with my shadows is cheating.

You might also consider some grip tape on the front and rear straps.

Edited by twowheels

It really is a nice case! :devil:

Gotta say, as I sit here dry firing this beast, that it is one well made pistola! It feels fantastic! I had some P9s back in the day and I don't remember them being even close to the feel of this shooter. I am glad I went this route for production. Spent a few more dollars but I am a proponent of buy once cry once.

Need some ammo so I can unleash the beast!

Am I the only one who needed to get the stronger mag springs from CZ custom in order to make both my Mecgar and CZ factory mags work every time?

My Mec Gar's are 3 years old and still have factory springs. Haven't had any issues with them.

Got it... Thanks for the info.

Glk21C... No ten round limit on USPSA Production division here. Is that a Maryland thing?

I'm pretty sure that's an everywhere thing

Edited by G17