Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker Spring

RJH

I have done a poor boy trigger job on my G35 consisting of a ghost connector and Zev competition spring kit. With the lighter striker spring, I am having trouble getting reliable ignition, so I am running the stock spring. I really like the lighter trigger pull I get with the lighter spring. Is there a mid-power spring out there? One that isn't as light as the Zev but not as heavy as stock? Thanks for the input!

Yes they are available in 4.0#, 4.5#, 5.0#, 5.5#, 6.0#.

You probably have springs that are approximately 4.0# and 5.5#.

Send me a PM with your name and address and I will send you a medium weight spring that will work.

RJH,

Stock Glock is 5lb. Zev is probably 4lb. There are 4.5lb springs out there. you could also try a lightened extended striker but that's more money.

Wolf I believe. Check gunsprings..com

If you want one of those strikers let me know I have an extra one somewhere.

RJH,

Stock Glock is 5lb. Zev is probably 4lb. There are 4.5lb springs out there. you could also try a lightened extended striker but that's more money.

Wolf I believe. Check gunsprings..com

If you want one of those strikers let me know I have an extra one somewhere.

The OEM firing pin spring is 5.5#.

Ultimately I think you will end up with a lightened striker for the best trigger and most reliable ignition.

Many IDPA/USPSA shooters locally had the same issue, lighter springs were too lightand especially for the reloader's. Several went to an Extended lightened stricker and problems went away.

I would pony up the dough and get an lightened and extended tip striker. They really do make a difference. I prefer Jager's strikers. They make a good product. My gun has run 100 percent ignition since it went in and it made the trigger feel a little more crisp.

I would pony up the dough and get an lightened and extended tip striker. They really do make a difference. I prefer Jager's strikers. They make a good product. My gun has run 100 percent ignition since it went in and it made the trigger feel a little more crisp.

+1

I have the competition spring kit in my G34 and found that as long as I use Federal or Winchester primers, I'm good to go. Not so much with CCI as they're a little harder. Good points on the lighter striker's though, hadn't considered making that change.

I use a 4.5 with the stock FP. Its not as good as the 3 lb and a lightened striker, but much better than factory.

I have't had any light strikes and I have used some Tula primers with it. RJH if you are interested, PM me I think I might have an extra 4.5 lb lying around I'll toss in the mail to you.