Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for range cart. Whats good.

WidowsSon683

Since we only have 4 3 Gun matches in the year in Puerto Rico, my solution is less rugged but cheap. I still have to carry my folding chair with my free hand. in the cart I have my 3 guns, shells for the shotgun, ammo for the pistol and rifle, along with the pistol and rifle mags, brass bag w/ loader inside, shot timer, safety glasses and earplugs. Total cost $70.

post-43716-0-11835000-1392123472_thumb.j

Since we only have 4 3 Gun matches in the year in Puerto Rico, my solution is less rugged but cheap. I still have to carry my folding chair with my free hand. in the cart I have my 3 guns, shells for the shotgun, ammo for the pistol and rifle, along with the pistol and rifle mags, brass bag w/ loader inside, shot timer, safety glasses and earplugs. Total cost $70.

cool rig TitoR. cheap, but practical and dare I say it would apeal to those who lust for the tacticoool. plus will be useful in the zombie apocalypse if you load it up with more ammo!

I got one of the Rugged gear Deluxe 4-gun carts, it holds 4 long guns muzzles upright with nice soft holders so it won't scratch your guns. You just Velcro them in and out, it has solid rubber tires so no flats, has a custom rain cover ( very nice to have ) and will hold a cooler, ammo, built in range bag, has a reloading shelf and folds down to go in your trunk etc.... Not cheap but well worth it if you shoot much - check out their website - Ruggedgear.com

• 2 weeks later...

Not to try and talk anybody out of it that just wants a cart, but methinks you are carrying too much if you need a cart for USPSA. I have a small range bag and a folding camp chair with back and do fine. The chair is handy to keep the bag off the ground and to actually sit in when things drag on. Both the bag and stool have shoulder straps and are no chore to carry.

Not to try and talk anybody out of it that just wants a cart, but methinks you are carrying too much if you need a cart for USPSA. I have a small range bag and a folding camp chair with back and do fine. The chair is handy to keep the bag off the ground and to actually sit in when things drag on. Both the bag and stool have shoulder straps and are no chore to carry.

some of us have bulging discs and other issues that make carrying a bag uncomfortable or even impossible. For bigger matches they are especially useful for carrying coolers and shooting gear.

Some of us Seniors who have more scars than a body donated to science but who still love to shoot, & without the aid of a cart could not shoot at some major matches where bays are all spread out. Local matches where bays are all in a small area is a different story. I will never be part of the MGM Ironman tournament but still enjoy competing without killing myself going from stage to stage at some of the Majors I've attended. My Rugged Gear cart allows me the luxury to shoot against kids half my age without wearing myself out after 4 or 5 stages.

Edited by hvsmith

I'm not old, nor do i have scars. OK, i guess i'm not young, but i'm not near Senior status. Anyway, point is, i just don't like carrying my stuff. That's why i got a cart. My gun stuff actually takes up the least amount of room in the cart. I like to have to bring a cooler, with ice, to keep hydrated. Got to be a pain carrying any other way. Plus, now my shooting buddy puts his range bag in the cart and we take turns pulling it. So that's even better.

Plus, i can just throw my ammo boxes and mag brush in the cart when i'm done reloading mags. No need to open a bag/range box and make sure it's closed, etc, that stuff just stays out there ready to use. Very handy.

Yeah, i get it, they aren't for everyone, and I used to laugh at people in the past that had them. Now, I won't go back. Too easy to just drag something to the next bay instead of hefting the bag onto the shoulder.

Costco seasonally gets the folding carts. Our Costco (SF Bay Area) just got the folding carts in (dark green fabric, grey frame), at $57 or so.

folding-utility-wagon.jpg

(like this but dark gray frame and grey instead of white wheels)

Edited by trgt