Comp for minor loads.

thompsoncustom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot OPEN MINOR.. with a STI Steel Master.. (has a comp) .. I use AUTO COMP powder .. 5.6gr with 124 MG FMJ bullets..

I do the same with W-231 and 124 or 125 bullets. Works fine for knock downs also. I have some video with 4.4 of 231 and 125 Blue Bullets and the gun hardly moves.

• 2 years later...
On 1/1/2014 at 10:21 AM, drysideshooter said:

Thanks Zack and Tooth. The metal left between the cutouts probably looks thinner than it is, but it is very thin. It is surprisingly strong, and I trust Scott Springer's judgment completely.

I just took it out back and tried a couple of loads. With 4.2gr of WSF it would stovepipe and not drive the slide all the way back. At 4.5 grains it was almost there, very close, but the fired cases wouldn't quite clear the gun. It looks like for WSF it will be 4.7gr of WSF, which is what we have run in our production XDm 9mm's for USPSA, and also the load our other compensated XDm seems to like the best. I thought with the slide being lightened on this one might make a difference. As far as feel, it makes a real difference. The dot was barely moving at all, and not much of a push either. I have a good stockpile of the 4.7gr loads so I am going to head to the range with it and some other guns in a bit.

thompsoncustom, it wouldn't cost much to send your slide to someone to have it lightened a bit. Are threaded barrels readily available for the CZ75's? If they are, that would probably be a pretty inexpensive way to try it out. With regard to the Serendipity, make sure you talk with some other CZ folks that have run that mount. WIth some guns that mount, being two sided, can cause some ejection problems. Might want to see if there is a single/non-ejection side mount for the CZ's. Another option might be a slide ride sight of some sort. I have two friends that have been running Leupold Delta Points on their 38 Super open guns and have been very happy with them. Maybe when you send the slide to get lightened you could have the gunsmith also mill the back of the slide and drill and tap for an optic? Some of the S&W's come that way not, and it's pretty cool. Gets your sight as close to the bore as possible. Folks seem happy with the Trijicon RMR sights for that application. Have fun, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Try ligther springs