Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp for minor loads.

thompsoncustom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that was just for the sp01 but either way that price is outrageous for a threaded barrel it cost 125 more for some threads. I have the handles and some taps and dies but probably not what I'd want on the barrel. Still would be cheap to buy a 6in and buy the die and do it myself and send it to CGW for recrowning.

Might just get some bar stock and build a comp to seems easy enough Tho this one looks promising.

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=118

Since you aren't worried about being competitive, it might be a fun project to build a comp. There is quite a bit of science in their design. A friend that builds 1911's and 2011's from raw frames and slides and makes a lot of his own parts still buys his comps, but he and his son are very much competitive shooters. The only time it's a challenge is if you want to index/time it so it's perfectly straight when it meets the slide at the right torque.

Anyone had any experience with Clays powder and comps for 9mm minor? Just got a SteelMaster and have lots of Clays to work with. Still need to figure out what bullet weight too. Local matches need to have 120 PF for knock downs at the Steel Shoots.

Might have to make 2 loads for straight Steel Challenge and knockdowns.

I'm not sure if the tac sport barrel will work if you look at the pics on CZ USA website the ramp seems to be different along with some other minor differences.

tac sport

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/047004940706_Barrel-Tactical-Sport-9mm

cz 75

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/0420049201_Barrel-9mm-7585

Any idea what your trigger pull is coming in at on that gun?

1lb, 9oz with what I think is an 18 or 20# hammer spring. With a super light hammer spring the pull is light, but mushy. I actually have a 24# spring I've been meaning to try. The heavy spring makes it snap with authority.

I'm gonna upgrade my heating source this year so I can crank out the 60gr zinc if I wanted to tho I'm sure they would dent the crap out of steel plates, I've been able to push them to 1700fps but that's still only a power factor of 102.

I've just got some time to kill till CZC gets some of the CZ 75 shadows in stock so I'd thought why not build a fun gun. I've been watching gunbroker for some surplus 75's but haven't seen anything that's not crap and decent priced yet. I ordered a cheap airsoft red dot that I'm gonna through on a Doctor mount and if it doesn't work I'm gonna go with the Burris Fast fire II as I believe it will mount right on to the doctor mount.

I'm refinishing a 1952 Remington 514 right now in rust blue so I might redo the gun in that but I also like the idea of fill in all the roll marks and adding some slide cuts so I might use a epoxy based paint on the outside. Any idea's welcome if you guys were buildings a CZ 75 for fun what would you do.

Edited by thompsoncustom

• 1 month later...

Never really updated this but the red dot above went in the trash before it made it on a gun so was a waste of money but now I know. Bought a used cz 75 and have been slowing changing it over.

Here is a before.

pix412622257.jpg

pix526216593.jpg

and after

Picture009_zps1ddce28f.jpg

Still need to get the TS trigger installed and then decided if I'm gonna go farther with the gun or not.

So far i've got it refinished with a two tone look safety, slide release, hammer, and grips are more of a flat black and the rest has some gloss.

TS hammer, removed the disco, new grips and screws, new sear. I think the SA only trigger will be icing on the cake but the break point seems to be back further than I would like.

Edited by thompsoncustom