M&P are being sold left and right

Jukez

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Over the last few months, I have purchased almost every internal part for an M&P…not because of parts failing, my m&p has been very reliable, but because I wanted spares incase anything breaks at a competition. I have had no issues in finding any parts within reason. There were a few pieces on backorder but then arrived within a few weeks…another reason I purchased all the parts before something broke.

I think there are a lot of m&p's for sale these days because there are so many of them available. Plus now is the time of year everyone starts horse trading their gear for newer and better gear for the upcoming season.

@johnhhuber I am glad to hear that most/all parts are available. Maybe I'm conflating the Smith with the Springfield XD. Those XD parts aren't really available. I like having every breakable part or part that can wear out for each of my primary fighting and competition guns, just like you, John.

Any reason everyone is dumping their M&P's every time I get an email its another M&P up for sale. :(

Also...

Anyone come out with or coming out with some aftermarket strikers?

Email from where?

I just tallied the classified ads on this site for the month of December and I counted the following for sale classifieds.

M&P = 14

Glock = 27

STI = 19

If I totaled all the 1911's for sale it would have been double or triple the Glocks.

It doesn't seem to me used ones are "bieng sold left and right"

Any reason everyone is dumping their M&P's every time I get an email its another M&P up for sale. :(

Also...

Email from where?

I just tallied the classified ads on this site for the month of December and I counted the following for sale classifieds.

M&P = 14

Glock = 27

STI = 19

If I totaled all the 1911's for sale it would have been double or triple the Glocks.

I think you are on to something, they may not be sold as fast as they are put up for sale.

Also...

Email from where?

M&P = 14

Glock = 27

STI = 19

If you subscribe to the Classified thread you'll get an email or notification every time someone posts in the thread.

I traded my G34 for a M&P Pro 5" about a year ago and was pretty bummed out about the trade after I realized that the thing wouldn't group worth a damn, like 8 inch groups at 25 yards. Wanted to sell or trade back for the G34, but I talked to S&W and they replaced the original profile barrel with an updated one.

I shot this group yesterday unrested at about 30 yards. The flyer was not the gun's fault, I jerked the trigger. Now I'm quite happy with the gun! Let S&W replace your barrel if you're on the fence, it makes a huge difference if your gun is a pre 2013 production.

post-39197-0-94293900-1388720269_thumb.j

My M&P Pro 5 9mm shoots about 1 1/2 groups at 25Yards off a rest. But i hand load and laddered my loads to find what the barrel liked and still got me power factor. Just getting ready to goto a KKM barrel and 147 gr Moly . I love my M&P pro 5 and my core and my 40 L and my 40 4.25 only one i need now is the 45 acp and i will be set. was gonna trade out my core and my 40 full size because i want to just keep the competitive 5" models.

• 2 weeks later...

So I called S&W for an update on my Striker assembly because of an upcoming match. The rep in the accessories department literally put my name on an envelope and sent it that day and had it in 4 days. The left my original order open which came in the same day just for an additional striker to have as back up .. Great people. Great service, I have a Gen 2 barrel so I don't think I will see too much improvement if any with a KKM. Im sure I have some work I need to do as an Indian before I start blaming my arrow :cheers:

I wish the Pros were for sale out by me. I've come across a couple but they want brand new prices. I might just have to buy a brand new one and go to work on it.

Ken, found this on GB, looks like it is being sold by 44mag on there. No reserve but its 10 days until the auction closes.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=386932615

Edited by Nickoli

I'm glad that I got my M&P before all the mags evaporated. At the last gun show I went to (San Antonio) someone wanted $75 for one!

I have had no problems at obtaining stock magazines at a price of anywhere from $28.99-34.99. There have been times when I might have had to wait a week or so, but they have always been available.

MidwayUSA has been the best source. They are currently offering the 9mm 17 rounders for back order at $28.99. They will not bill you until they are ready to ship.

• 2 weeks later...

A few of the guys around here are dumping the M&P (Production) for the CZ's because I guess the trigger is not legal for IPSC? (5lb first pull?) They are getting ready for the world shoot this year, and I guess access and prices on the CZs are getting better.

JeffWard

Its funny how blasters go in and out of fashion. CZ's seem to be "in vogue" up 'round here right now.

I think there are a lot of m&p's for sale these days because there are so many of them available. Plus now is the time of year everyone starts horse trading their gear for newer and better gear for the upcoming season.

I think this is right. Plus guns go in and out of 'fashion' - and S&W has done two things that make people who shoot LOTS pretty mad:

1. Not admitting that they have an accuracy issue and slow-rolling anyone who sent in a gun that needed repair and

2. Playing close to the vest with replacement parts for their guns. Plenty of stories of how they won't/can't sell/ship a regular person a part for one reason or another.

OTOH - their stuff seems pretty solid, and especially the new 9mm barrel helps. And it's no secret that Gaston and his gang have their 'idiosyncrasies' as well...