Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adams/Voodoo barrels

mwf008

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is all the way open and won't lock back with all types of ammo. It is reliable though. Never an issue. It just doesn't lock back with wolf or pmc 223 all the time.

After the match sunday I'm going to double check that the gas port is aligned properly though.

I lost about 110 FPS over my 20" barrel with both brands of ammo I shoot.

The adjustable gas block is for those of us that are going to muck with the recoil system with light weight bcg and light weight recoil systems

Here's the link to taccom's ultra light recoil system . Now cheaper with no buffer spring

http://taccom3g.com/UL_AR15_RECOIL_SYSTEM.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by thegunnerd

The adjustable gas block is for those of us that are going to muck with the recoil system with light weight bcg and light weight recoil systems

Here's the link to taccom's ultra light recoil system . Now cheaper with no buffer spring

http://taccom3g.com/UL_AR15_RECOIL_SYSTEM.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the new link, got mine ordered. Now which reduced power buffer spring?

I have a JP LMOS and the Taccom ULW system already :).

Going to try messing around with a reduced power buffer spring next week.

Sweet man , i'm waiting for a new bcg to be released and that's all i'll say. But i'm very happy that you tuned yours and it's working the way it should. The lock back thing happens with these adjustable gas system race guns all the time . Happened on my last one and it wasn't a barrel like this . All i'm waiting on now is my hand guard to come and i'll put her together and test it out .

Do you get reliable lock back with full power ammo, 55gr at 3,000 fps or more?

Mick

Mine is all the way open and won't lock back with all types of ammo. It is reliable though. Never an issue. It just doesn't lock back with wolf or pmc 223 all the time.

After the match sunday I'm going to double check that the gas port is aligned properly though.

I lost about 110 FPS over my 20" barrel with both brands of ammo I shoot.

Do these 16.5" rifle length gas barrels really need an adjustable gas block? I would assume you would be using most of the gas anyway...

Mick

My light loads lock back on empty mags. I'm using a standard clamp-on Armalite with m16 profile bcg and standard weight carbine buffer.

After a long talk with JP and dusting off my old Physics textbooks, I (and JP) decided to run a heavier than stock spring rate with lightened reciprocating guts.

A heavier spring rate gives the bcg enough force to get back into battery while keeping the reciprocating length and momentum to a minimum during both strokes of it's cycle.

It's true that for a given displacement a stronger spring will give a mass more velocity (and thus, momentum) relative to a lighter rate pushing the same mass. But if you limit the backwards stroke initially with a heavier spring rate (for a given gas volume), then there is an overall reduction in displacement and limit to the velocity on the bcg's return to battery- a convenient and directly proportional limitation to momentum.

That's my approach at least. Mechanical recoil is reciprocating inertia. Reduce the inertia first, then limit the maxima of momentum for given masses by limiting input forces into the system (gas volume and pressure), and spring displacement.

Light buffer springs might cycle fine, but the math isn't optimal for rabbit farts.

Edited by BitchinCamaro

Don't dread anything , with a full mass BCG no optic it's 6 lbs even =) i can shoot it with one hand . Admittedly the optic is not on the light side. Eventually i'll have 2 optics. I sold my prismatic to buy this one, but i'll have that and this one for dif match types.

Going tomorrow to test it out . So excited.

That's actually the new Taccom Ultra Light Muzzle Brake . Tim just released the first batch and i bugged him enough so i got one.

Thanks for the complement as well. I'm hoping it shoots half as good as it feels