Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adams/Voodoo barrels

mwf008

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat top Dissipator build with OD MagPul furniture. BCM flat top receiver, F marked FSB, rifle length OD green MOE handguard, Nordic Corvette Comp, Rainier Arms BCG (for now), either Daniel Defense or Midwest Industries fixed rear sight. Gonna go true irons gun, not planning on a red dot sight.

Just replacing my 20" heavy barrel. There is a local rifle/pistol league series going on and there will be a lot of movement with slung rifle and the 20 is a little bit awkward. Running the new light comp from Carbon Arms already so it should balance the gun a little closer to my body too now.

Thinking of trying their 16.5 rifle length barrel on my next build. This will not be a piston gun. Thoughts? I've read a lot about 16 being too short for RLGS, will the extra half an inch make a difference?

I shot this build tonight, super soft and easy to shoot . I already have one incoming , super excited

There is a review written on MidwayUSA's page for the 16.5" barrel. It notes that it does, in fact, possess a 0.750" outside diameter at the gas port.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/140757/voodoo-innovations-barrel-ar-15-556x45mm-nato-ultra-lightweight-contour-rifle-length-gas-port-1-in-7-twist-165-chrome-moly-black-melonite-finish?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Edit to add: just ordered from Midway, hope it comes in by Wednesday.

Edited by GreenDragon64

I just got off the phone with Midway, they said I bought the last one before they ran out, and mine shipped this morning. Whew, I was afraid I'd have to cancel and order from somebody else.

If anybody is having a hard time, as of 10am Central this morning, DSGarms had 4 in stock. I called to check on stock there before I called Midway to check on my order status.

Waiting on my sponsor to release a few items to build a dedicated TacOps upper. Have the midlength version of this barrel that will be my dedicated TacIrons upper.

Will be interesting to see what kind of recoil difference there may be with 16.1 mid gas and 16.5" rifle gas and both being tuned with adjustable gas and Taccom ULW buffer system.

With this barrel being a rifle length gas system, I am going to run a carbine buffer, carbine action spring and auto profile bcg without an adjustable gas front sight block. Would running an H2 or Spike's T2 be of benefit to the system?

Only if you feel you need to slow it down . If for some reason it's not picking up rounds from the magazine or failing to feed or extract it may be running to quickly, but that's up to you. Personally i'm going with as little weight in the buffer as possible and with a low mass bolt and adjustable gas

Only if you feel you need to slow it down . If for some reason it's not picking up rounds from the magazine or failing to feed or extract it may be running to quickly, but that's up to you. Personally i'm going with as little weight in the buffer as possible and with a low mass bolt and adjustable gas

Same here.....ULW buffer system from Taccom and LW BCG from Rubber City, the. I'll tune with a GenII Syrac gas block. I would rather tune the system than worry about whether or not the system will run.