Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed mag pouch help

Nimitz

With the arrival of my new Shadow I've started to switch over my gear and after putting the CR Speed mag pouch insert labeled "CZ" in the pouches, my magazines are no where's near secure , even after screwing the thumb screw all the way in. Anyone out there using CR Speed mag pouches with their CZ and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Nimitz-

I'm having the same problem with the same set up.

I was thinking about roughing up the inside of the pouch somehow.

Only one has the most "looseness"- all are cranked down all the way, with no more adjustment left.

I tried a spacer behind the insert, and it didn't seem to help at all.

Edited by Slidestop

Yeah, given that the mag pouch is just a little wider than the width of the magazine with insert, seems that adding a washer behind it should snug it up. I'd rather have a little play left in the tension screw of the pouch as well ...

I ended up at the hardware store doing a little of both,

a big rubber washer in between the spacer and side of mag pouch,

and I cut a piece of Industrial Velcro, use the soft section, and put it on the other side of the mag pouch.

I was impressed the Velcro holds up pretty well.

Edited by gennaro

Nimitz ,

If you do the Velcro , try and find the INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH Velcro, It's a lot more adhesive.

I got mine at Home Depot, or try Lowes.

The best of luck and Happy Holidays.

Edited by gennaro

hmm, this is odd. I have the CR speed versa pouches and they work fine with the regular inserts (with nothing added) and the adjustment cranked right in. Mine are quite an old set (maybe 4 or 5 years old), I wonder if they've changed the inserts a bit. It does suck a bit that you guys have all had to play around with random bits of hardware to make them work.

I do like the velcro idea though. adds a bit more hold and also protects the mag surface a bit.

• 10 months later...

I just bought two of the CR Speed mag holders and I have the opposite problem. With the CZ insert, they're so tight that 1.) The tension adjustment does nothing-- no point in even having it, and 2.) I can pretty much rip my velcro belt off trying to get the magazine out.

More research indicates there are different thicknesses of CZ mags. Looks like I need to use a different, thinner, insert and maybe a washer.

Edited by kuduman