Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8th Annual 2014 Colt and Colt Competition Northwest Multigun Challenge

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Gibson hurt himself (old back injury) at the MGM Iron Man. So to follow Dr.'s orders he will regretfully have to cancel both the LR rifle class and the LR rifle match. He is going to try to shoot our match but he is pressing the Dr.'s orders.

Speedy recovery Travis, our thoughts and prayers for you and Tracy.

Busyhawk

I'm no Travis Gibson, but for anyone wanting to sharpen up their LR rifle skills I'll be bringing a few pieces of steel and will be available in the evenings after the match for some training if anyone is interested. Either come see me at Stage 9 (CRO there), or shoot me an email at jlr@rbrosrifles.com if you're interested.

Scratch that plan, apparently the 1k range is being used by the black powder shooters.

Edited by R-Bros_JLR

Looks like stage 3 description has been recently updated/ changed and no longer says shotgun slung with empty chamber. Is there no shotgun sling required at this year's match now?

I made an executive decision and nixed it on stage 3 because it was only for about 20 feet and didn't make much sense to me. Eliminates a sore spot for some folks.

Doug

Looks like stage 3 description has been recently updated/ changed and no longer says shotgun slung with empty chamber. Is there no shotgun sling required at this year's match now?

I made an executive decision and nixed it on stage 3 because it was only for about 20 feet and didn't make much sense to me. Eliminates a sore spot for some folks.

Doug

Cool, that's welcomed news. A friend of mine was scrambling to get things setup on his shotgun... meanwhile, I need to provision my rifle for a sling. Got the parts, just need to get it put together.

Hope everybody had a good time, Scott, Luke, Charlie and I just finished cleaning up the range. Much easier this year because of the Conex and great ROs. Only one stage still had any targets and steel left and it was mostly getting stuff put away and cleaning the bays. Only about 1/3 the DQs we had last year and that was a testament to Scott's stage design and the quality of our shooters. I still don't consider this a national match, but we did have shooters from all over the US. As much work as this is for us it is always a pleasure to see many of our shooting buddies out having fun.

We used Practiscore again this year and as usual, Ken Nelson does an outstanding job of running our stats. Shooter scores are updated to the web within an hour of when they shoot. If your club is not using Practiscore you really need to check it out. Our scores were finalized within 20 minutes of the last shot fired. Only problems were with shooters that had declared the wrong division or category, which is something that we have no control over. Ken says that Practiscore will always be free for clubs and sports so when you see him tell him thanks.

Scores are posted here: https://www.practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=4CAB0BB0-150D-4A2A-81B0-DEADBEEF

Thanks again to all our Sponsors. The prize table was our best ever topping $90,000. If you picked up something off our table, please send a note to the Sponsor and let them know that you appreciate their support. When you need something new, always try to buy from a company that sponsors our sport. You can see all our sponsors and what they donated at: http://nwmultigun.com/Stages.html

Decisions regarding next years match will be made over the next couple of months and will be posted on our website at: www.nwmultigun.com

See you all on the range,

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Great Match as always!!! THANK YOU Scott and Doug for your continued dedication to produce one the best matches in the country!!!

Thanks to all of the sponsors who so generously donated to the prize table.

See you next year,

Jeff Scott

As soon as we get home we will start working on water-marking the photos and will post a link for all to see. One of our shooters is a computer guy and does all the work hosting and posting to the web...I know I am not a smart man....

My best guess is the photos will be posted late next week.

Thank you again for all the kind words and words of encouragement as we surely don't do this for the money!

Sincerely,

Busyhawk

AKA Sergeant Major or Scott

Scott and Doug and Ken - thank you *so* much for a great match. Had to leave before getting a chance to shake your hands and thank you in person, but.... had a blast, great stages, great crew.... great job!

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for putting on such a great match! That prize table was huge, and the schedule was very friendly for those of us who wanted to hang out for the festivities yet hit the road the same day for a long'ish drive home.

My only disappointment was seeing how many people got to walk the prize table before Scott McGregor, but I did bend his ear a bit about it and the man is an incredibly good sport along with being a super-talented shooter, who knows that the prize table is just another downside to shooting Heavy. Shooters, next year let's get a few more of you to try heavy! The rules are lightening up for heavy tactical, for many of you who shoot a .40 cal (high cap is acceptable now, at least at NWMGC), and 12-gauge (again, no pump-only rule for this match), the only difference is the .308! Let me tell you, hitting those long-range steel targets with the .308 is way more rewarding than those little pills most people are throwing at them... :-D

Seriously, so much fun!

Nathan

Long time Lurker, Few time Poster

PS, I loved the schedule this year. The 4-3-2 days worked out very well, and thanks to Practiscore allowing the festivities to start so close to competition finish, I was able to save a night's cost for lodging and be home to my own bed before the witching hour.

• 1 month later...