Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get rid of the stacking feeling in Tanfo

eerw

Been playing with S2, S3 guns. In DA mode, the trigger has a really bad sensation of the spring stacking before it releases of the disconnector.

A lot has to do with the design, but the DA is really inconsistent at the end of the pull.

I know its only one shot, but what the hell, trying to make it perfect.

Anyone making any headway to get this feeling better?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only owned SA Tanfos. I know the stacking is attributed to the short hammer spring, but what is the exact cause? Friction? Spring bind? I wonder if you modified the hammer strut (I think these parts are round that go through the spring) to reduce contact area with the spring, would it make an improvement? The CZ part, while longer is also has a rectangular cross section so only the edges contact the spring. I guess you could load the spring with grease, too, to see if it has an effect. I also wonder if a different shaped trigger would change perception of the trigger pull quality. The severe curvature most cause some changes to the way it feels through the travel arc. I know I hate the really curved CZ triggers that come stock in the regular SP-01.....

Has anyone tried installing CGW reduced trigger spring I know it improved my single action in my CZ but will it help the double action pull or will it even work in the Stock II

Works just fine. I had one in my limited pro. I also used a CZ sear spring without issue.

Has anyone tried installing CGW reduced trigger spring I know it improved my single action in my CZ but will it help the double action pull or will it even work in the Stock II

Works just fine. I had one in my limited pro. I also used a CZ sear spring without issue.

Did it improve the double action at all?

Did it improve the double action at all?

Not on mine. Its the same feel. Its that short main spring. I dont have that stacking anymore, i may have cut way too many coil. Federals FTW!!

my best (least stacking) trigger came after putting some buffing compound on the dis-connector where it engages the trigger bar and dry firing it about 30 times then cleaning it all out and re-lubing. I did it like that because the surfaces are small and did not lend themselves to directly polishing. my feeling was the trigger was pretty good up until the dis-connector started to be pushed off the trigger bar by the ramp in the frame.

Mike

The only way to get rid of the stacking trigger in a Tanfoglio, is to walk over to the nearest door, open it, and throw the pistol as far as you can. But seriously I spent $150 at a gunsmith and it still stacks to a certain degree - it is simply the physics designed into the gun. Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk<br />

Edited by phatman

Use the new hammer strut factory part PR041 old Tanfoglios have a different one installed on it that will push the spring further down.

I had all mine replaced with new ones and had to replace springs in them too as the ones I had there before were shortened to match the old hammer strut length.

great..appreciate all the info.

have tried changing out different spring, etc.

trying for that magic combo of light DA, crisp SA, no stacking and run more primers than just Federal.

still at it.

eerw,

I end up with a new Wolf 13lb hammer spring cut down to 1.170 OAL and my trigger is just about 5 3/4LB DA. I have shot about 300 rounds with Winchester small pistol primers and not one single miss fire yet.

The stacking is still there but the DA is so light now, it does not bother me that much anymore.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share my experience in doing this so hopefully it could help someone else as well.

Thanks,

Sandro

People blame the short main spring design for the stacking but I think that it contributes relatively little to it. I fact if you remove the sear assembly and pull the trigger while holding the disco down with your finger you'll push the hammer all the way back with almost no stacking, even with stock mainspring. The stacking mostly comes from the internal geometry of the sear assembly, trigger bar and disconnector and is made worst when you have a heavy mainspring pushing back on the disconnector. A lighter mainspring and a good polish - especially of the disco/trigger bar and disco/frame interface doesn't eliminate the stacking but make's it light enough that a good progressive squeeze gets me a very nice double action surprise break on my stock 3. I didn't get any light strikes with the 13 lbs spring, but I still went with the longer Extreme pin-block firing pin, just in case.

Edited by Steelhead

I believe to make it pop any primers with 13lb spring you'd need Henning's XL firing pin to do the job but it's not production legal though. I put Eric's firing pin back in when shooting major matches with Federal primer. My hammer strut is shaped like sp01 custom also lighter trigger plunger spring.

trying for that magic combo of light DA, crisp SA, no stacking and run more primers than just Federal.

still at it.

Stuart I had Jimmy install some of Hennings lighter springs and some polishing still has that stacking feeling and we put in a 14 lb main spring its not bad in double action and the single action is nice.i shot it this weekend in a match and I never noticed the first shot being double action.

Also I had a few different loads some with CCI primers And some with PMC primers I had loaded back in 2009 everything went bang and gun ran

Flawless

I did a bunch of dry fire during the week and got used to the double action without jerking the trigger

To tell you the truth it's only the first shot and when that buzzer goes off I got my my two alphas and move on

still at it.

Stuart I had Jimmy install some of Hennings lighter springs and some polishing still has that stacking feeling and we put in a 14 lb main spring its not bad in double action and the single action is nice.i shot it this weekend in a match and I never noticed the first shot being double action.

Also I had a few different loads some with CCI primers And some with PMC primers I had loaded back in 2009 everything went bang and gun ran

Flawless

I did a bunch of dry fire during the week and got used to the double action without jerking the trigger

To tell you the truth it's only the first shot and when that buzzer goes off I got my my two alphas and move on

Jimmy B. or Jimmy J.?

still at it.

Flawless

Jimmy B. or Jimmy J.?

Jimmy vindanes of 1911 Speed shop in Riv,Ca