Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium Bolt Carrier

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too, have a couple JP aluminum carriers that are happily still running right along, one is 8yo, the other came from a buddy so i have no idea how old it is, but they both have 8k to 20k on them. Jesse it is witchcraft that keeps them running though, I use lots of RNT slickamafication, very high lubricity, very low hydromafakshun.

Mark did an experiment on how lite is too lite, he found out!!! the bolt looked cool, but it went to the rear of the gun and stayed there locked up tight.

the current modding he does is excellent, he just wanted to see how lite he could make one, there is a point you cannot go beyond.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I was lucky enough to get a prototype for testing. I won't say what it cost me because this is a public forum. icon_smile_shock.gif

I am told my postal scale is about 0.1-0.2 ounches heavy by the manufacturer of the Boomfab unit. So they may actually weigh slightly less than you see here.

0D8BAC21-5018-4A10-A29B-60F873A98304-674

2008D27D-58A3-46C7-B3C3-2576AB34A9CC-674

Here is a JP Enterprises Low Mass BCG.

JPEnterprisesLowMassCarrier_zps04b41add.

Here is a Young Manufacturing Low Mass Carrier

YoungManufacturingSuperLightCarrier_zps4

Here is a JP Aluminum Carrier.

JPAluminumCarrier_zpsdb8c0960.jpg

I was lucky enough to get a prototype for testing. I won't say what it cost me because this is a public forum. icon_smile_shock.gif

I thought you pros just got all the treatment...apparently you dish it out as well!

Lets hear a report on testing

• 2 weeks later...

I have shot 650 rounds through mine with good results. I managed to finish 3rd at the US Carbine Association Nationals using it. I simply took the JP low mass BCG out of my Stag 3G and dropped this in. I notice a difference in sight movement and am killing it shooting off hand plate racks at 50 yards. I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to measure the difference. Then Keith Garcia sent me these photos and this drill. I have yet to try it but Keith's results are impressive to say the least.

3GN Pro Series target at 50 yards

Mag loaded with 10 rounds so weight doesn't come into play

Starting on center of target with Swarovski Z6i at 2.5X

Double tap target as fast as possible

Using timer to keep track of splits

Splits between .15-.17

10 Rounds w/JP Low Mass Carrier

8AB090EE-3735-43BC-BED4-A5771E6AB73E_zps

10 Rounds w/Boomfab Ultra Low Mass Carrier

1CD5CEB5-7866-41A9-9E09-43732F8EEF8D_zps

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I have shot 650 rounds through mine with good results. I managed to finish 3rd at the US Carbine Association Nationals using it. I simply took the JP low mass BCG out of my Stag 3G and dropped this in. I notice a difference in sight movement and am killing it shooting off hand plate racks at 50 yards. I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to measure the difference. Then Keith Garcia sent me these photos and this drill. I have yet to try it but Keith's results are impressive to say the least.

3GN Pro Series target at 50 yards

Mag loaded with 10 rounds so weight doesn't come into play

Starting on center of target with Swarovski Z6i at 2.5X

Double tap target as fast as possible

Using timer to keep track of splits

Splits between .15-.17

10 Rounds w/JP Low Mass Carrier

8AB090EE-3735-43BC-BED4-A5771E6AB73E_zps

10 Rounds w/Boomfab Ultra Low Mass Carrier

1CD5CEB5-7866-41A9-9E09-43732F8EEF8D_zps

DANG! That's impressive! When/ Where can I get one of these?

• 2 weeks later...

I simply took the JP low mass BCG out of my Stag 3G and dropped this in.

So no changes to your gas or buffer/spring? What buffer setup are you running these days?

Not yet. I'm running a JP low mass buffer and one of their springs. I'm going to drop it all into my new 3G and adjust the gas specifically for it.

• 3 weeks later...