Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There are no Shadow thumb safeties that...

cpa5oh

Only three style of safeties legal to use on the Shadow. The thin set, standard ext. set and the SP01/85C style set.

Since I never use the safeties, I use the thin set or the smaller SP01/85C style set.

I do use a thin safety too. Before they came out with the shadow thin safety i had to use a rami safety which didnt worked quite as well, found out that the standard safety is thin enough not to be bumped during a COF.

Tanfo is different. The fit of the standard safety (on the gun) is not as good as extended or the gold custom. I had to go to the latter and ride it with my thumb. If the standard would've fitted correctly id prefer that. -(Stock 2).

...you can ride the like the ones on the Tanfoglio Limited/Limited Pro that is legal for the Production division?

Well considering that for production you need to lower the hammer on the gun you can't use the safety anyway so for me it's sort of a moot point. Unless you are trying to build a gun that is legal for both limited and production.

...you can ride the like the ones on the Tanfoglio Limited/Limited Pro that is legal for the Production division?

Well considering that for production you need to lower the hammer on the gun you can't use the safety anyway so for me it's sort of a moot point. Unless you are trying to build a gun that is legal for both limited and production.

Yeah my problem is that the Shadow doesn't fill my hand up well so I never shoot it. And I have alot of trouble with recoil control with it (I don't have that problem with the Glocks...including 24 and 35 that I shoot major out of.) Then I shot a Tanfoglio Limited and the wide safety just felt right to me and the gun shot flat...so I was thinking maybe a wider safety would get my hand more comfortable on the gun. I know I've heard 1911/2011 shooters say that they like to rest their thumb on a nice wide safety...

Yeah my problem is that the Shadow doesn't fill my hand up well so I never shoot it. And I have alot of trouble with recoil control with it (I don't have that problem with the Glocks...including 24 and 35 that I shoot major out of.) Then I shot a Tanfoglio Limited and the wide safety just felt right to me and the gun shot flat...so I was thinking maybe a wider safety would get my hand more comfortable on the gun. I know I've heard 1911/2011 shooters say that they like to rest their thumb on a nice wide safety...

Sounds like you need to get larger grips to me. (just an observation)

Sounds like you need to get larger grips to me. (just an observation)

I was going to say the same thing. One of the benefits of a gun with detachable grips is the ability to make the gun bigger or smaller as you see fit. What grips are on the gun currently?

I've got the CZ Custom sandpaper texture grips with grip tape over top of that...I *think* that makes the grip about as big as you can get it currently. I hear VZ is coming out with a much wider grip, though...

I've got the CZ Custom sandpaper texture grips with grip tape over top of that...I *think* that makes the grip about as big as you can get it currently. I hear VZ is coming out with a much wider grip, though...

The CZ Custom aluminium ones? They are super thin. The largest grips CZ custom has listed on their website are actually the factory plastic or rubber grips.

Here is a screen cap from the CZC website showing the specs for the different grips. The thick AL grips are .2" thinner that the factory rubber or plastic. I like the wider grip so I run factory plastics that have been stippled.post-50115-0-05785200-1382987704_thumb.j

Yep, your problem is you are using everything, but the right grips. Piss the aluminium & VZ grips off & put CZ OFM "Factory" SP01 rubber grips on the gun. They are great, fill your hand well, definately help with recoil control (as does the wide safeties when shooting strong/weak hand)& absorbs some of the feedback through the gun, which aluminium/steel can not do.

Get the OFM rubber grips back on your CZ & enjoy shooting a great gun.