Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a decent soft multi-rifle bag.

DDustin

My old bag bit the dust plus it only held one rifle. What's a good 2 rifle, rectangular soft case, preferably in tan. A pocket for a pistol and targets would be good too. I'd like the price to be under $100 or $150 max. My old bag had some issues with seems splitting so I want to find out what others have used so I don't end up screwing myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I like the VooDoo but I'm a little worried about durability. I really like the 5.11 double bag but it looks like it only comes in black. It looks like it used to come in Sandstone but I can't find it on their site anymore. I really want to stick with tan or green. All of my black bags get really dirty in all the sand, mud and gravel that most ranges are made of and look pretty bad going into nice hotels. So it's not just for some cool guy factor. I actually prefer the look of black usually but I've learned my lesson.

Does anyone have any experience with the 5.11 bag? I really like how it has molle inside so you can move the tie downs around and secure the weapons better.

Edited by DDustin

Does anyone have any experience with the 5.11 bag? I really like how it has molle inside so you can move the tie downs around and secure the weapons better.

I had the 46" voodoo double and ordered the 5.11 single carbine case. When I received the 5.11, I sold the voodoo and ordered the 5.11 42" double. The difference in quality is noticeable but the 5.11 is a little more expensive. I can't find it in Sandstone either.

Edited by al503

I had the 46" voodoo double and ordered the 5.11 single carbine case. When I received the 5.11, I sold the voodoo and ordered the 5.11 42" double. The difference in quality is noticeable and you can find the 5.11 for less than the voodoo now if you're OK with black. I can't find it in Sandstone either.

I found one but who knows if it'll still be there when I finally get paid.

I think I've settled on the 5.11 but I would still like to hear more opinions on it. How long is your shotgun and how well does it fit in there?

I had the 46" voodoo double and ordered the 5.11 single carbine case. When I received the 5.11, I sold the voodoo and ordered the 5.11 42" double. The difference in quality is noticeable and you can find the 5.11 for less than the voodoo now if you're OK with black. I can't find it in Sandstone either.

Can you show me where you get a 46" double rifle 5.11 bag cheaper than a 46" double voodoo?

I have two of the 5.11's and two of the Safarilands. If I had to have only one it would be the Safariland.

The 5.11's are built "tougher" but the Safarilands are tough enough and they are a tad longer for my 21" M2 shotgun to fit in. My M2 will fit in the 5.11 but you have to fiddle around with it to make it fit.

http://www.holsters.com/Gun-Accessories/Gun_Rifle_Accessories/model4556.asp

I think I've settled on the 5.11 but I would still like to hear more opinions on it. How long is your shotgun and how well does it fit in there?

I use it strictly for my ARs. The 42" case is actually 44.25" long. The 46" voodoo was only about an inch longer. I think 5.11 goes by interior dim and voodoo goes with the outside dim.

Well my Versa max is between 42" and 45" with out the Roulette Tactical +2 extension. It's a little shorter than stock because of the Urbino stock. Unfortunately I can't actually measure it because it's out getting coated. So in anyone happens to have a Versamax tactical with an Urbino stock and roulette +2 extension, if you could measure it, that would be great lol.

I use it strictly for my ARs. The 42" case is actually 44.25" long. The 46" voodoo was only about an inch longer. I think 5.11 goes by interior dim and voodoo goes with the outside dim.

My Benelli with 24" barrel, PG stock and plus 6 with XXL cap fit in the voodoo 46"

I have two of the Drago Gear rifle cases and they are great. the price is reasonable (compared to others) and the quality is top notch. they have single and double rifle bags in a few different lengths ( i have the 36" for the game rifle and the 42" for the long range gun) both in coyote. tons of pockets. can carry a dozen or 30 rnd mags along with a pistol and some other gear. even has backpack straps. check them out

http://www.dragogear.com/products/tactical-rifle-cases.html

I use the Safariland 3gun bag as my shotgun is very long. I wanted the little extension that is offered in that bag since it doesn't fit in most bags assembled

I use this for 3 gun as well. My 11-87 isn't long enough to use the extension, but I like having it there if I need it. It's also only in black IIRC

Edit: Oh, and I like it a lot. I guess that's important lol

Edited by johnsons1480

How do both bags fit in the standard pelican case most people use for air travel. Can't recall the number right now.

The voodoo fits fine in a pelican 1750 with extra room

Edited by CraigS.

I have 2 of the 5.11 double rifle bag and I think they are great! Very well made and very durable. I orig had the black one, then found someone selling the sandstone one, and picked that up a mabe 3-4 months ago, and intended to sell my black one, but havent got around to doing it yet, as I hate to get rid of it.

I have a FN SLP and it is 43" long and it would barely fit (I had to put in in at an angle). Then I got a +4 extension a month ago and I couldnt find a good double rifle bag as it now measures 52".

I just read on another forum about someone recommending the voodoo tactical drag bag. They make it in 51" and 60", so I figured I would need the 60". I found a store locally that had the 51" in stock, so I just went to look at it, and picked it up! It seems badass, and it fits! I litterally have not had more than 2 minutes to look at it, or even throw my AR in their with it yet, but I think it will be perfect. I recommend you to def take a look at them. I will try to post up a review and some pics within the week, but just wanted to give you a heads up on it before you made a decision. Even though I love the 5.11, if your shotgun is over 43" now or ever will be, I would prob go with something else.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-26-military-style-sniper-rifle-drag-bag-from-voodoo-tactical.aspx

I have 2 of the 5.11 double rifle bag and I think they are great! Very well made and very durable. I orig had the black one, then found someone selling the sandstone one, and picked that up a mabe 3-4 months ago, and intended to sell my black one, but havent got around to doing it yet, as I hate to get rid of it.

I have a FN SLP and it is 43" long and it would barely fit (I had to put in in at an angle). Then I got a +4 extension a month ago and I couldnt find a good double rifle bag as it now measures 52".

I just read on another forum about someone recommending the voodoo tactical drag bag. They make it in 51" and 60", so I figured I would need the 60". I found a store locally that had the 51" in stock, so I just went to look at it, and picked it up! It seems badass, and it fits! I litterally have not had more than 2 minutes to look at it, or even throw my AR in their with it yet, but I think it will be perfect. I recommend you to def take a look at them. I will try to post up a review and some pics within the week, but just wanted to give you a heads up on it before you made a decision. Even though I love the 5.11, if your shotgun is over 43" now or ever will be, I would prob go with something else.

Here is a link to it:

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-26-military-style-sniper-rifle-drag-bag-from-voodoo-tactical.aspx

Would you mind posting pics? Especially of the inside. The pics in the link don't have good views of the inside.