Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 FNH USA 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang I just looked at stages. Are we really shooting a 6" autopopper at 450 yards?

Im curious why you think they are 6" autopoppers?

The true pessimist would just assume they are the 4" skinny targets :)

Dang I just looked at stages. Are we really shooting a 6" autopopper at 450 yards?

Im curious why you think they are 6" autopoppers?

The true pessimist would just assume they are the 4" skinny targets :)

Because that's the shape of them in the stage descriptions and MGM makes a 6" colt speed steel shaped autopopper. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

The original Colt speed plate is 28" tall. Could be those

Those don't auto reset and there ain't no way they are running down with a 4-wheeler to reset after every shooter.

I'll suggest that maybe that's just a template image and that actual targets will vary, but thats me.

They have been accurate in the past. There are MGM flashers on another stage. So Larry has the icon in his library.

I'm hoping Larry will chime in.

The original Colt speed plate is 28" tall. Could be those

Those don't auto reset and there ain't no way they are running down with a 4-wheeler to reset after every shooter.

I'll suggest that maybe that's just a template image and that actual targets will vary, but thats me.

They have been accurate in the past. There are MGM flashers on another stage. So Larry has the icon in his library.

I'm hoping Larry will chime in.

They are a plate on a pivot, they could be made to auto reset without much trouble really.

Is there a map showing where the stages/zones are located?

I'm going to guess based on the stage designs that 1-6 are on the lower side and 7-9 near the old house, up the hill. The place is big but easy to navigate as there is basically ONE road.

I'm going to guess based on the stage designs that 1-6 are on the lower side and 7-9 near the old house, up the hill. The place is big but easy to navigate as there is basically ONE road.

Oh, I am very familiar with the property. I just want to know if the zones are laid out so I can again skip bringing a cart and, of course, since I shoot there regularly, knowing where precisely the stages are set up helps me visualize the stage layouts better. :)

Well I'm gonna guess stage 1 on creek, stage 2 on the left field across from the covered range thing (basically behind the stats shack), 3,4,5 in the pits, 6 off the containers across from the pits, not really sure about 7, and 8 and 9 from the top of the hill.

But that is just a wild guess.

Hello, GT TARGETS & RTE TARGETS SIDE MATCH DETAILS:

18 SHOTS TOTAL

6 rifle

6 pistol

6 shotgun

$10.00 per run, shoot as many runs as possible

Best time only counts for prizes & payback

$300.00 to win overall

$200.00 for the 75% shooter (if we have 20 shooters, the 15th place shooter will win this cash)

$100.00 for the 50% shooter (if we have 20 shooters, the 10th place shooter will win this cash)

100% payback from shooter entries to the shooters, we will pay down thru the list lewis class style

Additional merchandise prizes awarded at random.

this side event should be open thursday afternoon, all day friday and all day saturday

Match staff will be moved to the front of the line when they come to this side match.

Please post opinions, requests and any constructive comments. We are willing to adjust everything

to make the side event fun and have as many shooters as possible.

thanks, Karl @ GT & Scott at RTE

Oh, I am very familiar with the property. I just want to know if the zones are laid out so I can again skip bringing a cart and, of course, since I shoot there regularly, knowing where precisely the stages are set up helps me visualize the stage layouts better. :)

In the last 3 years, I have never seen anyone working out of a cart. You will have plenty of time to get ready since the staff resets the stages.

18 SHOTS TOTAL

6 rifle

6 pistol

6 shotgun

$300.00 to win overall

$200.00 for the 75% shooter (if we have 20 shooters, the 15th place shooter will win this cash)

$100.00 for the 50% shooter (if we have 20 shooters, the 10th place shooter will win this cash)

100% payback from shooter entries to the shooters, we will pay down thru the list lewis class style

this side event should be open thursday afternoon, all day friday and all day saturday

Match staff will be moved to the front of the line when they come to this side match.

Please post opinions, requests and any constructive comments. We are willing to adjust everything

Mr. McKeever,

Thank you for this info! As a match staff guy I appreciate it. Look forward to getting a chance to shoot your side match.

George

18 SHOTS TOTAL

6 rifle

6 pistol

6 shotgun

$300.00 to win overall

Mr. McKeever,

Thank you for this info! As a match staff guy I appreciate it. Look forward to getting a chance to shoot your side match.

George

Karl, do you feel old??

Gotta get to bed, but 3-4 moa targets are the norm. Most will be round. I think Larry is shooting Limited so they will be possible with a red dot.

I don't think you need a cart. You can park pretty close to the stages.

1 is along the road before you go up the first hill, 2-6 in and around the pits. 7 is on top of the big hill to the left where the pigs were last year. 8 and 9 are towards the house.

H-