Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optional Reshoots at Nationals?!?!

38SuperDub

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, but I am speculating that is what they will go to. While I agree with you, some others might not, so I will keep my actual opinions on the matter to myself. I was always taught, and operated from the premise that if you "drive down" a popper, you own the score you earned.

2.3.3.2 If possible, require all competitors to complete the course of fire
as revised with all previous attempts removed from the match
scores.

See that word in bold - its REQUIRE - not "GIVE THE OPTION"

But that rule applies if they have to make changes to a course of fire mid-match. In this case we're talking about an activator that wasn't reset properly. That's a REF, which is a mandatory reshoot.

Anyway, you're right that even if that rule applied, it would still be a mandatory reshoot.

My whole point is - why are they giving OPTIONS of a reshoot - if its REF - you MUST reshoot. The only time the competitor has the choice is RO Interference.

I'm just irked that if this is true - that they are blatantly not following the rules - AT NATIONALS

The previous squad all had to reshoot the stage as the popper was nit being set properly fir everyone. The Range crew ensured that the popper was set correctly for the reshootd.

Ehen dquad 17 arrived the information on how to set the popper was not passed on by the range crew. Some set it correctly and some did not but the range crew did not check it each time.

The previous squad all had to reshoot the stage as the popper was nit being set properly fir everyone. The Range crew ensured that the popper was set correctly for the reshootd.

Ehen dquad 17 arrived the information on how to set the popper was not passed on by the range crew. Some set it correctly and some did not but the range crew did not check it each time.

Are you confirming the report that some of the competitors on squad 17 were offered optional reshoots?

What rule supports a reshoot, other than RO interference? Is it possible the powers that be did this to smooth the feathers of certain shooters? If, in fact, this happened should NROI not be involved? Sounds fishy to me.....

The RMs for this match are part of NROI. Maybe there was an arbitration. There are other possible explanations. I hope they see fit to offer an explanation, but sans that, this is going to head into the weeds too. That benefits no-one.

Edited by MarkCO