Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone hearing more Revo buzz?

jester121

At the past 3 matches I've attended, I've heard one or two people talking about shooting revolver division next year, and I was curious if anyone else is hearing this elsewhere. I also know two guys who have already bought 625s and are gearing up for a full season in 2014.

I know of at least one long time shooter at out club, that does not normally shoot revolver division that bought an 8-shot because of all the talk of the rule change. We also have a new shooter that is shooting an 8-shot in Production. I am sure he will move to Revolver if allowed.

Bubber was talking about shooting Revo next year

Yep I might shoot it, if they change the rules...or not....It still will be minor don't know if it shall be 8 or 6 at this point. ;)

Hey Mike, what are you going to run at the Area 2? i'd seen you are signed up for production

Rich Brethour and I have a side bet.....I'm shooting my XD against him with a 627. I was trying to establish that 8-shot revolvers are not truly competitive in Production Division, and Rich was the only one to take me up on my challenge!

They are all fools if they switch to revolver. I am switching just to see how poorly I can do in yet another division.

I am looking foreword to watching you talk to you new revolver when the moonclips won't go in the way you talk to you single stack when it wont run. At least you don't have to relearn how to count.

The problem is we are trading a perceived "one gun" game for a game that will be in fact "one gun", so I don't see how the so called "provisional" rule is going to help us any.

I am not see this. I ran fourteen stages with both guns using identical setups and the difference between the two was less than 2.3%

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=176874&p=1996111

Maybe it will be different with the Masters and Grand-Masters but the reload advantage did not dramatically beat Major scoring in my B-class hands.

The problem is we are trading a perceived "one gun" game for a game that will be in fact "one gun", so I don't see how the so called "provisional" rule is going to help us any.

Well it isn't "provisional" its a proposed rule change and the "one gun" is still in production unlike the current "one gun" that has been discontinued for years. I hope to shoot more USPSA Revo if the rule change goes through and I already have 2 6 shooters that are competitive based on the current rules (3 if you count the wife's gun). Sadly they aren't that much fun to do a ton of standing reloads with.

-ld

Under the old rule, the perception was that you had to have a 625. But any 38/40/44/45 revolver could be competitive, from many different manufacturers. Look at Blueridge and his Alaskan, I shot a 28 for years. So the perception was just that, a perception. With the new rule (provisional/proposed/whatever it is), I am seeing the perception change to you have to have a 627 because the 625 is not going to be viable any longer and there aren't really any alternatives to that gun. Taurus makes the 608 but it seems to be unreliable. I just worry that perception wise we have gone from a bad perception to a worse perception.

I would not discount the Taurus 608 completely. They are inexpensive and may serve some shooters well. Most of the Revo shooters I know do not shoot as much as some of us do, and the 608 may hold up well for them. I had one and shot it a lot, 5000 rounds in less than 3 mos. I made it through the Handgun championships. The challenges will be good moonclips and capping the ports to allow it to compete in Revo Class if the rule change makes it. Just a thought, later rdd

I would not discount the Taurus 608 completely... The challenges will be... capping the ports to allow it to compete in Revo Class...

Unless the rules get changed to allow any OE factory barrel on minor 8 shooters. That would also allow the S&W V comps. Porting/comps have been regularly called ineffective with minor loads.

Sadly they aren't that much fun to do a ton of standing reloads with.

+1

I think that alone discourages people from shooting revolver. They watch the other shooters then watch revo shooters who appear to be mostly standing in front of target arrays reloading.