Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding out before it's too late

Sharyn

If people knew what was in the food they already eat every day, Fear Factor wouldn't be much of a big deal. For crying out loud, the USDA has a a rodent urine standard!!!

People worry about too damn much. It's only gross because you think that it is and because you've been told it is.

ROFL!!!

MerlinD, that's balsalmic vinagrette... perhaps white chocolate?

I'm sooooo grossed out because #1 IT'S ALIVE! (although my cat will fix that shortly) and #2 imagining the texture in my mouth!!! BLECH!!! I don't like Jello either... it's all about texture... and being dead first. :lol:

I really am so freaked out by this... but I'm trying to make the best of it. :D Thank goodness for curious cats!!!

geezer-lock, Casa de Sharyn. Kroger brand "quality guaranteed" Popeye Tender Spinach... "washed and ready to eat!".

icon8.gif

Do you think it was the dressing that killed it? :lol:

I am on your side. I know about the crap that is in food and the government standards for spider eggs, rat turds, etc.... That doesn't mean I have to put up with it when it is RIGHT IN MY FACE! :blink:

We really do need to get that puking emoticon online. :)

-ld

For crying out loud, the USDA has a a rodent urine standard!!!

I can't see rodent urine but I can see a whole grasshopper.

People worry about too damn much.  It's only gross because you think that it is and because you've been told it is.

I think Pork Dinuguan is gross. I didn't need anyone to tell me that. On the contrary when I was growing up everyone kept trying to get me to eat it.

I think Pork Dinuguan is gross. I didn't need anyone to tell me that. On the contrary when I was growing up everyone kept trying to get me to eat it.

Did they try to fool you with the ol' "it's chocolate" routine?

:wacko:

sniper ... I'm with you on this. I would have freaked out in your place. In fact, I may freak out right now just thinking about it! Wait ... I'm freaking out!

yikes.gif

I had a friend way back in high school that was complaining one day that he found a hair in his lunch every day. He wanted to know why this only happened to him, I simply replied its cause you're looking. ;)

That would be a hard thing to miss though.

When I used to cook in a fairly upscale restaurant locally, sometimes things would get by the pantry cook like this. Generally it would come back and we'd send out a fresh salad or comp the meal. A few guests would comment "I guess the lettuce you serve here really is organic and is pesticide free". We really did try to get all the critters out of the salad, but supposedly the mixed greens we got in were already "triple washed" and we'd wash it an additional time. Into the big salad spinner, then into storage bins.

*shrug*

I'd be a bit upset, but then, where do you think food comes from?

It *was* in the dirt at some point :)

Vince