Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide racker

glocklover

A ball detent is the way to go if you have to remove your slide-racker to disassemble you gun.

Personally, I just have a short Cheely slide racker on the right side, so I don't need to remove it to strip the gun. I know people will say that it's slower to have it on the off-side, but since I'm not a GM looking for that extra .01 second advantage, I doubt it makes a difference with me.

I don't know where they got it, but the Greenfields in Iowa have a two-pronged slide racker that looks like a pair of antelope horns. The prongs flare out from the slide just a little, then turn upward and are on both sides of the gun, meaning they can grab either to clear a jam. I haven't seen them have to use them in a match (their guns run well), but it's a neat concept.

I definitely want the slide racker on my Glock since it makes it much easier to pull back the slide with the C-more in the way.

If you get a slide racker for your Glock, don't get the one that mounts on the rear plate. The specifications are not the same as the rear plates and if you have a Rocket connector with the over travel stop, the slide racker plate with change the geometry of the connector...in my case it made it so I could not fire the gun.

Get a rear dovetail racker.

For non-Glock pistols, the ball detent is the way to go. Matt Cheely put mine on.

I don't know where they got it, but the Greenfields in Iowa have a two-pronged slide racker that looks like a pair of antelope horns.

PM Sherwin and ask him. I know he's a member here.

Nah, I don't want one, just offering it as a suggestion for the OP.

I definitely want the slide racker on my Glock since it makes it much easier to pull back the slide with the C-more in the way.

If you get a slide racker for your Glock, don't get the one that mounts on the rear plate. The specifications are not the same as the rear plates and if you have a Rocket connector with the over travel stop, the slide racker plate with change the geometry of the connector...in my case it made it so I could not fire the gun.

Get a rear dovetail racker.

For non-Glock pistols, the ball detent is the way to go. Matt Cheely put mine on.

I am currently using one that mounts to the dovetail and is secured with a set screw, but thanks for the heads up on the rear plate.

I don't know where they got it, but the Greenfields in Iowa have a two-pronged slide racker that looks like a pair of antelope horns. The prongs flare out from the slide just a little, then turn upward and are on both sides of the gun, meaning they can grab either to clear a jam. I haven't seen them have to use them in a match (their guns run well), but it's a neat concept.

if anyone has any info on the above slide racker... please post it..

tia