Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which CZ Custom hammer for my new Tactical Sport

EngineerEli

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could really go for some help on why I cant get the hammer off the strut. I would love to try the bobbed hammer, and I'm thinking of getting the low narrow CZC hammer but I need to know if I have to buy a new strut and pin, or plan to drill the old pin out or something!?!?

The main spring strut is 5 dollars, and the trigger pin is 2 dollars. Myself for 7 dollars I would have all new parts.

Where did you find those parts so cheap, any idea on shipping? Czc had the strut for something like 15 plus their crazy shipping.

Can't wait to see that new bobed hammer. If you would, pics with it back and down.

I could really go for some help on why I cant get the hammer off the strut. I would love to try the bobbed hammer, and I'm thinking of getting the low narrow CZC hammer but I need to know if I have to buy a new strut and pin, or plan to drill the old pin out or something!?!?

The main spring strut is 5 dollars, and the trigger pin is 2 dollars. Myself for 7 dollars I would have all new parts.

Where did you find those parts so cheap, any idea on shipping? Czc had the strut for something like 15 plus their crazy shipping.

Can't wait to see that new bobed hammer. If you would, pics with it back and down.

Parts are at CZUSA. I dont know their shipping charges.

Gentleman, I installed the new hammer tonight and was pleasantly surprised: the trigger pull dropped two ounces from my CZ SAO race hammer! I had pretty low expectations of the swap since I already had a race hammer installed on my TS; I figured maybe it would be slightly snappier, but mostly it was just the cool factor, but alas, I got more bang for my buck!

Before:

IMG_20130505_211009_284_zps08304186.jpg

IMG_20130920_200539_675-1_zps6b238dbc.jp

After. Both are with a ~18# hammer spring, I have the occasional light strike with the 15# spring, CCI SRP and stock firing pin, I have a 24# spring on order from Wolff just to try...

IMG_20130920_203619_591-1_zpsb588095d.jp

IMG_20130920_203651_347-1_zps31dd3f4f.jp

IMG_20130920_203700_312-1_zps16060ab4.jp

Before I install a hammer, I hit the sides and the hooks with 3000 grit sand paper, then roll up a little piece of 1000 grit and pull it through the pin hole.

IMG_20130920_201053_325-1_zpsa53d75fc.jp

I guess I should have asked this earlier but if you ever have the hammers off the gun again, I would be very interested in how the actual weight compares. With or without the struts attached.

I thought about that, but I reload at a buddy's house, so I don't have a beam scale handy. Eventually I want to redo the finish on the frame so I might remember then.

I like the look of the old comp hammer better than the new one.

I mean who wants to fit a beautiful CZ part to a Tanfo anyways? It would be like putting a big block chevy in your Olds 442. Sure its fast, but it just doesn't seem right.

I could give that hammer a good home on my TS.

post-627-0-77279900-1379790712_thumb.jpg

From my postal scale. I checked weight 3 times just to make sure no variations.

Standard Comp hammer .4 ounce

Low Comp hammer .4 ounce

High Wide hammer .5 ounce

Low Wide hammer .4 ounce

Speed hammer .5 ounce

attachicon.gifhammer-1.jpg

From my postal scale. I checked weight 3 times just to make sure no variations.

Standard Comp hammer .4 ounce

Low Comp hammer .4 ounce

High Wide hammer .5 ounce

Low Wide hammer .4 ounce

Speed hammer .5 ounce

That is precisely the information I was looking for, thanks for taking the time to weigh them! Only problem is I think we are going to need a little more precision than tenths of ounces... 0.4 to 0.5 is 20% Edited by EngineerEli

I think I understand how the trigger pull would feel different with the comp hammer. Where it rests, and is released from the sear are different with the comp hammer? But how does lightening the hammer effect things. What does a "snappier" hammer effect. Feel, or cycle time?

Edited by ohsevenflhx

The idea is that the time between the sear releasing the hammer and the round going off is less if the hammer is lighter with the same weight main spring. Logically if you see the sights align, but you are still moving slightly, your shot should be slightly more accurate. It's a very slight difference, but I think I can notice a little bit of a difference.

One a side note, got the new hammer strut last night but they sent/ I ordered the wrong pin to connect the hammer to the strut. I have the new pin on its way, so hopefully I will have something to report back to you guys about next week with my lightened bobbed standard hammer.

So, I got the new pin for the hammer strut, and got everything all polished up and installed. It seems to fit well and does feel ever so slightly different. I think it looks fine too. The standard hammers seem to be slightly taller than the factory TS hammers though, as you can see in the pictures. I guess I could shorten it a bit. I tried setting off a primed case and it seems to work fine. Only problem is the hammer hook configuration is way different than the TS, even after shortening the hooks a bit and polishing everything all up the trigger travel is way more. I will say that the difference in hammer hook layout is causing the sear to move about half way up the hammer even with the safety on. Which would keep me from ever using this in a real match, at least with out changing out the sear or something... I may give it a try at the range just to see if it shoots any different.

Based on the previous post we can at least see that the short competition hammers are lighter than the standard ones, and the narrow ones are obviously lighter than the wide ones, so I am trying to decide if I want to go with the short wide or narrow hammer for my TS. Would anyone be able to clarify, are the hammer hooks are cut the same on all different variations of the competition hammers from CZC? How different are they from the stock TS hammer?

-Eli

post-33893-0-14712900-1380818223_thumb.j

post-33893-0-09350100-1380818229_thumb.j

post-33893-0-83869500-1380818239_thumb.j

post-33893-0-61855100-1380818247_thumb.j

post-33893-0-67410800-1380818253_thumb.j

Okay. I just ordered the wide/short hammer for my Tactical Sport. I'm using the factory fixed sight, but wanted to take advantage of the 0.4 ounce weight hammer used for adjustable sights. Any suggestion of what hammer spring to use? I'm using a 15lb with the factory hammer now.