Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which CZ Custom hammer for my new Tactical Sport

EngineerEli

So I just installed the Short Wide CZC hammer along with grips, mag well, extra wide thumb safety, and the flat aluminum trigger.

Here is a pic:

20131029_204149.jpg

I'm posting because I'm surprised to be less than thrilled with it. The strange thing is I cant even put my finger on what doesn't feel right. One thing I notice is that because the hammer hooks are cut shallower, the sear stays higher and it moves the trigger brake back further. This is resulting in a trigger break when the flat trigger is about 15 degrees from vertical closer to the rear. I feel like it would feel better if it broke closer to the vertical, anyone ever figured out a way to do this?

Perhaps if you bought a new sear and fitted it without removing any material from the trigger bar leg you could advance the SA break point. Just installing the comp hammer may have retarded it a bit as the hammer end of the sear now sits higher, so the trigger bar end sits lower and therefor more toward the rear. As a result the trigger bar contacts the sear later in the pull.

It would only amount to a hair, but that hair, added to whatever was removed from the sear leg when it was fitted, could amount to the trigger position you want with the flat trigger.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, that all makes sense. Honestly I just put back in the stock trigger and I think I'm going to stick with that. I like the angle and shape better. It still has pre and post travel adjustment, and I have no qualms about it breaking even though it is plastic.