Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of mounts, does anyone besides Alchin make one without pre-drilled holes (ie so I can drill holes to fit my Tanfoglio)?

Sure, Matt Cheely does: https://www.ccgunworks.com/store/shop/horizontal-setback-c-more-mount/

When you use 2011 blank mounts for Tanfoglios you have to remove some material (~0.08") from the mounting pad to bring the dot back over the center of the slide and also drill the holes higher on the mount; I got a Quinn mount (II or III, I don't know the difference) with no holes for one of my old three hole frames and drilled the holed where they would be for a 2011 (so the thumb rest adjustment would still work) and the dot was too high off the slide:

IMG_20140128_115459_419_zps4220dc44.jpg

So I hacked up the mount and drilled the holes higher:

IMG_20140301_151416_240-1_zpsqzn0xfdw.jp

Has anyone tried the Quinn III?

Yes, they make a mount for the current four hole Tanfoglio pattern:

IMG_20140117_215044_352-1_zpskmor3bj2.jp

I see that I can order the Quinn III from double alpha in holland?

P.S. is the 90 degree mount so close that you need to remove your rear sight? I would love to retain the ability to switch between sights and dot.

You can buy from Competitive Edge Dynamics in the US: http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/Quinn-III-C%252dMore-Mount.html

The Quinn III puts the glass too close to the slide to remove the slide with sights installed; you could leave your iron sights on, but you would have to remove the mount/optic before removing the slide.

Cheeley's site sucks. All image links are broken. I'm torn between a standard Cmore or that new RTS2. Anyone have any input on those? The RTS is nice because is short so I could run it on a iron sighted slide.

Far from an expert on open gat stuff but two observations I've made: 1) extra weight of standard cmore with base is very noticeable to me in terms of reduction in recoil and dot movement, 2) I am convinced that getting the lens as close as possible to the slide is critical. Not for guys that came up on vertical mounts and not for the ones that only shoot open but for the rest of us. I know a guy who shoots mostly open and runs a vertical set up. He's good ((nearing MA) but complains about weak handed dot acquisition and similar. I've never experienced this problem and consider it self inflicted.

• 3 weeks later...

Open ,

Refer to the pictures above , aka kneelingatlas , a little bit different adventure, but can be fun to shoot.

But those are some very nice toys that you are playing with now , I wouldn't mind test driving those myself .

If possible , always try to add too , never deplete from.

I'm going to offer a few items for sale, first I have a Limited .45 upper for sale with four mags (including one chrome mag with aluminum base pad), I'd like $550 shipped for the conversion with mags:

IMG_20140612_222615218_zps45861bf2.jpg

IMG_20140612_222556410_zps2c88e453.jpg

IMG_20140612_222633384_zpsd59a3cf6.jpg

IMG_20140612_222644128_zpsfbacaef3.jpg

IMG_20140612_222707216_zpsd3e526bd.jpg

I would be interested in a trade involving a 9mm or .40 upper; all offers will be considered.