Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9mm ti comp 6" barrel weighs 9.2 oz. Slide after cuts to lighten weighs 11.9 oz and I did not weigh it before the cuts.

Ok, thank you for posting that.

My Canyon Creek steel compensator on a 4.75" barrel weighs about 9 1/4 oz., too.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you gurus, I've got a 2lb 10oz trigger now with the Henning flat trigger installed and a components polish job. Nothing else done to the gun yet.

My question is how much will a hammer spring change trigger weight? I got some wolf springs to tinker with but was curious as to what an avg of pull weight reduction I may see with interchanging them?

Just want a comparison.

Thanks!

The effect of the hammer spring on pull weight is inversely proportional to the amount of polish work you've done. In other words if you've done a good job polishing, the lighter hammer spring will have little effect on the pull weight, it will however change the character of the break: the lighter the spring the more subtle the break, the heavier, more crisp.

I have tons of springs and it's gotten too cumbersome to keep track of load ratings, so I've started just measuring the coil diameter, please feel free to add to/correct any of this:

Recoil springs:
10# - 0.0385"
11# - 0.0390"
12# - 0.0400"
13# - 0.0405"
14# - 0.0415"

Long Hammer springs:
8.5# - 0.0335"
11.5# - 0.0375"
13# - 0.0390"

EAA Short Hammer Springs:
13# - 0.0285"
14# - 0.0315"
15# - 0.0315"
16# - 0.0315"
22# - 0.0345"

Edited by kneelingatlas

The manufacturing process of these springs does not produced tolerances tight enough to have a single measurement for each spring rate. I have also found that the same diameter/gauge of wire is used on different spring rates, but the number of coils in the spring or the actual winding circumference of the wire is different. Short of building a custom spring dyno to actually measure the load rate of each spring, the easiest method of keeping each spring rate segregated is to mark them right after you take them out of the package. I use a dremel to cut very small score tick marks in the end of the spring to mark its rate. That way all I have to do is pick up a spring, look at the end of it and count the tick marks to know what rate it is.

Anybody want to trade 4 or 5 new or near new MecGar .40 MGWIT40LFAFC mags (or just the tubes) for brand new MGWIT38LFAFC 38 super mags?

I'd like to trade 4-for-4 or 5-for-5.

I use the MGWIT38LFAFC mag tubes for both 38 super and 9mm.

Thanks.

post-9934-0-57208200-1399336520_thumb.jp

I bought a used .40 Match a year ago from the classified section on here. It came with an uninstalled Henning Trigger. But, it is the longest version and I have been graced with short stubby sausage fingers. My stock trigger is really starting to lean. Instead of buying a whole new one I was curious if anyone would trade trigger for trigger? Looking for the medium if possible? I have everything else in the bags and tried using the trigger pin on the stock trigger instead of the factory roll pin. Really did not help.

Thank you

What do y'all use for a... Trigger bar? It would correlate to a trigger bow in a 1911.

The hole in mine seems to be over-sized - I bought a Hening replacement to try to stop the trigger from being able to wobble outside of the trigger guard - but even the replacement one we got in from Numrich still had an oversized hole - is the only real option to braze and drill?

Edited by Aglifter