Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II 40 for production and limited.

Philo_Beddoe

I have been considering buying a Stock II 40 and using it for both USPSA production and limited division. I would like to only have to reload one caliber and this seems a good way to go about it. I have some questions I hope some of you can answer for me.

I figured I could used the same load but change the powder charge when loading for major vs minor? I am guessing that swapping out the recoil springs when going from minor to major loads would also be a good idea?

Does the Stock II run on regular factory ammo like Winchester white box? Does it like regular factory length loads or do you have to load long to make it run?

Does anyone make basepads & mag springs that will fit the 140mm mag guage, run reliablly and increase capacity?

Does anyone make a fixed sight set for the Stock II?

What does everyone use for a USPSA production legal holster and magazine pouches?

Would the EAA .22 conversion kit work on the Stock II? If it does, will the conversion kit fit in a regular Stock II holster when installed on the gun? I figured this would make cheap practice.

Would the EAA Limited Pro be a better choice then the Stock II for a single gun for both production and limited division?

Thanks for you time.

I don't really shoot production, but....

I have been considering buying a Stock II 40 and using it for both USPSA production and limited division. I would like to only have to reload one caliber and this seems a good way to go about it. I have some questions I hope some of you can answer for me.

I figured I could used the same load but change the powder charge when loading for major vs minor? I am guessing that swapping out the recoil springs when going from minor to major loads would also be a good idea?

You *could* run the same weight recoil spring, but most guys (except ChaLee) run a ~10lb for major and ~8 for minor

Does the Stock II run on regular factory ammo like Winchester white box? Does it like regular factory length loads or do you have to load long to make it run?

Sure, why wouldn't it? You should be able to load bout anything in the new (as of 2 years ago) mags and it should run fine.

Does anyone make basepads & mag springs that will fit the 140mm mag guage, run reliablly and increase capacity?

Henning - http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html

What does everyone use for a USPSA production legal holster and magazine pouches?

Center of Mass (COM) - http://comholsters.com/themall/ (he doesn't have it listed, but he DOES make one. IMHO better than the BladeTech)

BladeTech DOH

Would the EAA .22 conversion kit work on the Stock II? If it does, will the conversion kit fit in a regular Stock II holster when installed on the gun? I figured this would make cheap practice.

Yes it should work fine (Might need slide fitting). Yes, same profile on the slide.

Would the EAA Limited Pro be a better choice then the Stock II for a single gun for both production and limited division?

No for 2 reasons: no overtravel stop on the trigger, and the short dustcover make the Limited Pro "2nd choice".

Thanks for you time.

Yes on both counts.

Does the Stock II run on regular factory ammo like Winchester white box?

WWB should work fine, might be a little hotter than you want though. I though you said you were going to reload?

Does it like regular factory length loads or do you have to load long to make it run?

The new K40 MecGar mags run perfectly with factory length loads.

Henning

Henning

BladeTech holster and CR Speed Versa pouches

It will work, but only with stock springs, light springs = light strikes.

Lighter muzzle and longer sight radius on the Limited Pro. Different strokes for different folks.

- With the new mag you can run it factory lenght or however long you can the magazine allows you. Tried WWB and worked fine. Kneelingatlas is right tho as WWB tend to be a littler hotter compare to reloading minor loads taylor to your gun.

- Henning's extended basepads and spring combo runs great, which i get 20 rnds and 19 reloadable and runs reliable.

- As far as I know Henningshop sells the fixed sight set.

- I use Bladetech DOH holster for production and limited and crspeed mag pouches. I haven't had a chance to try any other holster or mag pouches because both have worked well.

- I know some have ammo availabilty issues, but for me I usually practice the same ammo I shoot for local and big matches. It does not make sense for me to practice on something I'm not going to shoot in a match with. just my .02 C.

- I never had an opportunity to shoot the pro so i can't really compare the two. I do have shot a short dust vs long dust 2011's before and have always like the way the short dust feels. I guess to each his own.

Roughly about 3 months ago, I acquired a tanfo limited and have been shooting that since then. 2 weeks ago while shooting a local match on a classifier stage, the FO front sight flew off (gave me a legitimate reason to screw up a classifier :devil: ) and got lost. So I shot the rest of the match using my stock 2, and to be honest, I just love the balance of the stock 2 compare with the Limited. Again to each his own. Just pick one and just shoot the crap out it.

A Limited Pro would also make a good "Double Use" type of gun for Production and Limited. It would be a little easier making Major PF with the Limited Pro as well since the barrel is a quarter of an inch longer than the Stock II.

But the Stock II is a great gun as well and could do well serving both purposes. Just throwing other options out there.

• 1 year later...