Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals - Self Squadding not working yet?

jriera

One more place to check ...

Thanks for the heads up

USPSA really needs to decide how they are going to manage these things. Are they going to post information via the USPSA web site, or via Facebook. I wonder if USPSA even knows about the FB page, or if that is something Ken did on his own.

I really thought there was no info bieng posted, I was wrong.

I did not realize that I would have to go off the nationals tab under latest news.

because nothing gets posted there.

Is it really that hard to get the self squading ironed out? Having months to get it done, posting a date of when it will be available, then missing the date with no solid resolution time of when it will be available is a very poor effort on their part.

It does not take "Days" to manually rebuild the registration in EzWinScore and export the online squading report that is uploaded to the USPSA Online Self Squading system. It may take a couple of dedicated hours of work to rebuild an entry list from scratch for a 400 - 500 shooter match, but not DAYS.

The reality is that getting this done is simply not a priority for USPSA for whatever reason. I don't know why it is not a priority and don't want to speculate without the facts. The only fact we know for sure is that for some reason a couple of hours of registration work is some how taking multiple days to get done and its still not done.

I find it better to volunteer to help, rather than complain.

I'm very impatient about getting scores after matches, so I volunteered to do the scores for our monday night steel matches, and I just handled scores for my first USPSA match last weekend.

If I remember right they weren't planning on using the USPSA online squadding program this year but rather a easier to use web management system. I'm sure when it is ready it will work great. The match is still a month away - still plenty of time to hyperventilate... :cheers:

I find it better to volunteer to help, rather than complain.

I'm very impatient about getting scores after matches, so I volunteered to do the scores for our monday night steel matches, and I just handled scores for my first USPSA match last weekend.

I've recently found out that no matter what you do some people just like to complain. It does make it hard to maintain the desire to volunteer when people go out of their way to nitpick what you did.

It does not take "Days" to manually rebuild the registration in EzWinScore and export the online squading report that is uploaded to the USPSA Online Self Squading system. It may take a couple of dedicated hours of work to rebuild an entry list from scratch for a 400 - 500 shooter match, but not DAYS.

The reality is that getting this done is simply not a priority for USPSA for whatever reason. I don't know why it is not a priority and don't want to speculate without the facts. The only fact we know for sure is that for some reason a couple of hours of registration work is some how taking multiple days to get done and its still not done.

Why don't you call them up, get the information, and get it done for them, then?

Your assumptions are way off base, and the fact is that you are speculating.

Finding problems without offering solutions is bitching, plain and simple.

Troy

I offered a solution. Manually rebuild the registration in EzWinScore, export the online squading report, then upload it to the Online Self Squading system. This is a work effort that shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to complete.

Since USPSA will not explain what the actual "Issue" is then yes, all of this is speculation. If USPSA needs my volunteer help to iron out the registration and get the online self squading posted I am more than willing to dig in and get it done.

I am not afraid to volunteer my time and effort to make USPSA matches happen and do so every week. I give this sport a TON of my time and effort by continually volunteering to help when and where needed. So please don't give me the "If you pitch in and help instead of bitching it could be better" speech.

As a paying "Customer" of the biggest USPSA match of the year it does not look good when USPSA has months to get something done, posts a date of when it will be done, then blows that completion date out of the water with no definitive resolution date defined. When that kind of situation happens, Customers will bitch about it.

Edited by CHA-LEE

I offered a solution. Manually rebuild the registration in EzWinScore, export the online squading report, then upload it to the Online Self Squading system. This is a work effort that shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to complete.

Since USPSA will not explain what the actual "Issue" is then yes, all of this is speculation. If USPSA needs my volunteer help to iron out the registration and get the online self squading posted I am more than willing to dig in and get it done.

I am not afraid to volunteer my time and effort to make USPSA matches happen and do so every week. I give this sport a TON of my time and effort by continually volunteering to help when and where needed. So please don't give me the "If you pitch in and help instead of bitching it could be better" speech.

As a paying "Customer" of the biggest USPSA match of the year it does not look good when USPSA has months to get something done, posts a date of when it will be done, then blows that completion date out of the water with no definitive resolution date defined. When that kind of situation happens, Customers will bitch about it.

No, you posted it here. If you want to help them out, call the office.

Also, waiting to be asked is not necessarily volunteering.

Troy

The national self serve squadding is still not working.

but I got an email from uspsa nationals club with the link for squadding works

I don't think the one on the uspsa website is *supposed* to work. I think the email link is the only one you can use.