Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else lowered their 650 case feeder?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this reasoning of needing to see into the case/bullet feeders. I have both, and I simply add more when I don't hear anymore brass/bullets rotating in the collator.

But yes, plenty of other people have lowered their's as well, or have installed mirrors above them.

I lowered mine to fit under some cabinet's, still can't see inside the hopper.

Like many others, I mounted an inexpensive mirror over the hopper to keep an eye on what's going on up there. Luckily I've got plenty of height in my reloading room and never thought of having to lower my case feeder.

I still don't understand the need to SEE inside either one of the case feeder or bullet feeder. When it stops making a racket ...... I add more cases or bullets. It's that simple. For me, it's more of a need to HEAR what's going on up there, as opposed to seeing it.

Here's mine. The light was $2 at harbor freight. It illuminates the inside of the case feeder. The mirror was like $1.

I also don't know why the case feeder is so damn high. There's plenty of room to lower it.

7CA02F40-5C13-49B7-ACC2-AB5AFB4CDE82-182

2BCC15B6-9B61-4A1E-9C79-42893B5D9502-182

Edited by Franco79

All this talk about everybody asking if they have lowered their case feeder.

Does anyone have any plans on how to lower the case feeder significantly, Besides taking a few inches off here and there.

Yes I did the mirror method as well, But like others have stated I would not mind looking into the bowl to see exactly what's going on in there

Edited by Franco79

I still don't understand the need to SEE inside either one of the case feeder or bullet feeder. When it stops making a racket ...... I add more cases or bullets. It's that simple. For me, it's more of a need to HEAR what's going on up there, as opposed to seeing it.

I was thinking the same exact thing.....7 years and the only time I have looked into the casefeeder was to change shell plates....

Edited by DrawandDuck

Small room, modified NORMA plan loading benches set high enough to reload comfortably standing up with 650 on strong mount combined with a ceiling fan dictated a lowered case feeder to save knuckles. :)

Lowered Renee's 650 by simply cutting the mounting tube and case feed tube by same dimension and re-assembling. Could lower it a bunch more, but it starts to crowd th etop of the press when it gets TOO low... The 650 and 1050 are now the same height.

got pics?

Small room, modified NORMA plan loading benches set high enough to reload comfortably standing up with 650 on strong mount combined with a ceiling fan dictated a lowered case feeder to save knuckles. :)

Lowered Renee's 650 by simply cutting the mounting tube and case feed tube by same dimension and re-assembling. Could lower it a bunch more, but it starts to crowd th etop of the press when it gets TOO low... The 650 and 1050 are now the same height.

Does anyone have any plans on how to lower the case feeder significantly, Besides taking a few inches off here and there.

Yes I did the mirror method as well, But like others have stated I would not mind looking into the bowl to see exactly what's going on in there

How low do you want to go?

post-2309-0-72938400-1376776755_thumb.jp

post-2309-0-88790200-1376776777_thumb.jp

post-2309-0-29433800-1376776804_thumb.jp

I was considering doing that very thing, as I've found after I dropped a total of 4" off of mine, that the geometry on the arm isn't correct, and the case feeder is too far forward. With the feeder being the stock height, this engineering gaff isn't noticeable.

them pics are small.. anyway to blow them up or take lareger resolution ones?