Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Boss had a heart atack

TheOtherErik

My boss had a heart attack the other and is recovering. There is no sympathy from anyone here at work and I feel the same way. He is the most controling, manipulative, mule headed, finger pointer, and unethical person I know and I think he deserved it. Is it really unreasonable for me to think this way? My wife thinks that you should never wish harm on anyone. Generally I feel the same way, but there are allways exceptions.

It just makes me feel warm all over when I think about it and how many people he has screwed over. Am I really that evil?

Erik-

I'd like to think that Karma plays a role.  Sooner or later, most rotten people seem to get what they've got coming to them one way or another.  [if not, I've got some serious scores to settle.  ;) ]  Sadly, a whole lot of nice people get hurt before the Universe finally rights itself.  

E

LOL, you guys are a riot. I had a heartless weenie for a boss several years back and he had a heart attack too. When he ended up in the hospital, I just kind of figured that he was getting his payback and it was a bitch. I wished him well and hoped he got better.

Some of the other guys were trying to figure out how to smuggle a fog horn into his room and blow it so they could giggle while he gripped his chest and gasped for air. Others wanted to inject cholesterol directly into his veins, etc.

As it turned out, he recovered, took early retirement, chilled out, and became a human being.

At my work we went through a pretty tough contract negotiation for right at two years.  The old guy that ran the place was playing hard ball and squeezing the reins in every way he could.  Out a couple of thousand employees I can't imagine one that didn't harbor some ill will for the old guy.  

I'm not sure how much I might believe in karma or voodoo or whatever but if there IS anything to it 2,000 people thinking the worst about you is pretty powerful.  I do believe he'll get it all back some day!!!

Well! Sometimes bad things DO happen to bad people (the heart attack). Let's hope he sees it as his wake-up call.

The Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For Dept:

Our maintenance super here at the residence complex made a pass at me over the summer and I made sure management knew about it. But he was a little persistent , even asking my elderly mother (who lives here, too) about me, etc. I just said to myself, "Jeez, I wish he'd just go away..."  A month later he died.

I have decent employers at the moment (no need to wish them away! They even find amusement in my shooting sport), but I've had bad ones... insane ones... cruel ones... incompetent ones.  I ditched them all straightaway in favor of my insanity.

Well, not because I go around "wishing people away", I assure you..!

(I'm sure this guy's departure was some kind of medical coincidence.)(But you still have to be careful what you wish for......)

I'll just start wishing for perfect targets instead.  

When are you guys going to learn. Don't piss off a women that carry's a gun! I had a female partner for a couple months. I don't know how many drunk fools asked her out. The standard response was do you want to get shot? That usually stopped the conversation dead. Hell after that they thought I was the good cop!

Holy crap! I cracked up when I read the title of this thread.

Our thoughts and actions are not without consequence. If you don't buy that, just look - "Who (you are) came from what (activity)?" Truly, every thought, word, and action fully and completely expresses who we are.

;)

I was working for an outfit 4 years ago that went totally berserk!  As a plant manager, I was required to attend "Business Warfare College" for 16 weeks where they passed out camo T-shirts and blasted the theme from Top Gun over loud speakers.  This was a major ($8 billion) corporation!  They hired a wacked out consultant (busines guru) and were attempting "behavior modification" through such tactics as loading the language and public humiliation.  All 8,000 employees were forced to "rate" each other and encouraged to do so harshly for the good of the company.

A whole plane load of lackeys flew up here with the a VP one rainy Novermber night on a chartered Cessna Citation.  They called me out to the plant, along with some of the other supervisors about 9:00pm.  This new VP totally blew his cork at us over nothing in particular.  I was already working on getting another job, so while everybody sat staring at their shoes after getting screamed at, I told him quietly, " you know, I've had a lot of ass chewings in my career, but nobody ever cared enough to charter a jet before."

I figured that was it, I was fired.  But, he never said another word.  The next day I got an e-mail from the "big guy" himself, telling me to hang in there or some other rah-rah crap like that.   Within a month I was working at a better job for a competitior.  

They tried to teach me ruthless business tactics, but instead I learned:  

1) Money can't buy class.  

2) You don't have to be very smart to run a big company.

3) The only thing in this world that isn't temporary is a person's soul.      

Mean people have heart attacks because they are just  too scared of life to be able to be nice.  It's the fear that gets them.    

benos--

...and boy, are we doing a lot of that on this Website!

(line of dialogue seen in a cartoon frame):

"Be careful... our thoughts send tiny vibrations into the universe which reverberate until they physically manifest themselves as the fulfullment of our wishes."

So go have a happy reverberation or something!  

(Edited by SiG Lady at 7:48 am on Oct. 9, 2002)

Amen Brother Bonedaddy!

My biggest gripe about Corporate America is that anymore it's just become a bunch of know-nothing suits all strutting about, snapping at everyone around them in an attempt to see who can be the "Alpha Male."  I think it's all going to culminate with guys peeing in the corner of their office to mark their territory.  

E

(Edited by EricW at 10:31 pm on Oct. 8, 2002)

Great post Bonedaddy!!!

Good to know that SOMEONE in management,  SOMEWHERE had a pair.  I might print this thread and put it up at work for all the shoe licking management type's there to see.  Of course I would have to black out all the offensive firearm related parts before the liberals saw it and had a heart at...

What!!!  Two with one stone I'm liking this idea even better!!!

I got out of management and into a technical job seven months ago.  After ten years, it just wasn't my bag anymore.  My new boss is a nice guy and people tell me I'm "adjusting well".    

PS: 3quarter, I'm going to feel pretty bad if my post gives your boss a heart attack

Life is good!

(Edited by bonedaddy at 5:41 pm on Oct. 9, 2002)