Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini Mr. Bulletfeeder?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is what is great about the options available. A bullet feeder for every budget/requirement. This suits me but I only load 100-150 at a time.

Legally here in Spain , that is all I am allowed to do. It is illegal to posses more than 150 primers in your house ! I can only buy 100 primers per day. My press has to be licensed to me and for me to be licensed to reload a particular cartridge for a gun that I have a license for ... Etc etc.

This may be a stepping stone on the way to a Mr BF but for now I like it.

Wow, that puts it into perspective.

I have more primers than you could, if you went to the store everyday, buy in two years.

I assume your matches are 100 rounds or less?

Seems like you already have an overkill set up for the laws that constrict you. I bet it takes you longer to go get another 100 primers than it does to load the rounds.

Edited by jmorris

Yes it's a joke , one which most people drive into neighbouring countries ( France, Andorra, Portugal) and fill the trunk supplies to avoid. Problem is , if you get caught you will be treated as a terrorist as that is the only valid reason for someone having more than the legal minimum! It's crazy here and there are lots of policeman who shoot at our club who have to do the same things to get their supplies as us.

If you car pooled with 3 friends going to a competition, to have more than 300 rounds total in the car is ..... You guessed it, illegal!

At least in the US you are still free to choose.

Yes it's a joke , one which most people drive into neighbouring countries ( France, Andorra, Portugal) and fill the trunk supplies to avoid. Problem is , if you get caught you will be treated as a terrorist as that is the only valid reason for someone having more than the legal minimum! It's crazy here and there are lots of policeman who shoot at our club who have to do the same things to get their supplies as us. If you car pooled with 3 friends going to a competition, to have more than 300 rounds total in the car is ..... You guessed it, illegal! At least in the US you are still free to choose.

This is what we're trying to avoid the USA becoming.

Just unpacked the Mini Mr BF and have not had a chance to set it up yet My first impression... what a lot of money for so little! I am sure it will work perfectly but in my mind it just seems like not a lot for 140$. Perhaps I am out of touch with reality but when I opened the box i was surprised at the contents and a little bit disappointed. Just expected a little more for the $.a8ujuqe3.jpg

What would be totally awesome is if the feeder could be adapted to a Hornady bullet drop die....and of course he would sell the feeder separately (unlikely since they refuse to sell any other parts separately).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 650 but never used a bullet feeder. I've only seen one in person. The collator has always been a bit too expensive to justify for me. This one interests me.

The question I have is, is this machine convertible between calibers? I load 9mm and .40 in bulk. I have access to .38/.357 and .45 toolheads, so I do runs of cases of those when I borrow them from my cousin.

Are any or all of the parts on this interchangeable? I know I can use 9mm and .38 in the same one. What do I need for .40 or .45? New magazine? Whole setup per bullet diameter?

Edited by Outbreak

Be ahead money wise to get the Hornady bullet feeder dies and collator. Again, as I've said in the past, if they would sell the caliber inserts without selling the whole darn die, they could make it affordable.

But hey, when you have people with too much money buying their stuff, there's no motivation to make it less expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Saul;

Will you ever release just caliber conversion kits for the drop tubes? I load 9mm, .40 S&W, .38 SPL, .45 ACP, .223, and .308. Having to buy a complete drop tube for each caliber as the individual parts are not available is what keeps me from buying your bullet feeder.

-BH

BH, i am sorry, but i dont follow. we do offer conversion kits for the Mr.BF. for the mini - all parts are caliber specific, so - you would need a new system for a new caliber (except for the fact that the tube magazine is the same for the 40 and 45)

saul

Guys,

I would not recommend extending the tubes further while running on the machine. Keep in mind that the brass has to lift the dropper assembly ( and ALL the bullets resting on it) each time - and too much weight up there can cause problems and extra wear. a better idea is as someone suggested, to buy some long plastic tubes and use those to quickly load up the mini's tube assembly each 100 rounds.

regarding the comments about price and "expensive for what's in the box", I do hear what you are saying. but please keep in mind that there is almost $35,000 of tooling costs to make those plastic parts you see there. they are all customer made, from the tubes to the 6 plastic parts making up the base and head of the two size magazines. that an investment that needs to be recovered. and since this is not an Iphone, there are not going to be millions of them sold... Please keep that in mind, if you would.

thanks for the positive feedback.

PS - what do you think of the idea of using a similar system for brass? if you did not have case feeder - that would be a pretty good second option to have...

Saul

Has anyone run this with a powder check on a 650. I wasn't for sure if you could clock this different ways to move it away from the top of the press or not. Also if someone could maybe post a picture of how much clearance with this you have compared to the top of the press.

Thank you

Sent From Mobile Land

Saul,
It is a great product and i hear what you say about molding costs etc. I love it and it suits the amount that i reload, it allows me to concentrate on watching that there is powder in each case rather than seating the bullet.

Its price wise, well positioned in terms of the large BF which is a large jump up in price when compared to the Mini. I will be ordering another for .40.

If you are on the edge about this product- don't be, I would not go back to loading without one.

Edited by 400driver

I also have a mini MR bulletfeeder now for a couple of weeks is a great improvement over seating the bullets by hand would never want to go back .

For the amounts of ammo i am loading in one run ( 3 to 5 hundred ) the extra cost of a full size Mr bulletfeeder would be to much .

I bought the regular MBF and put it on my Super 1050...... Then bought a Mini BF and put it on one of my 650's. WOW... What a difference they make. I load 38 Super on the 1050 and 9mm on the 650. I would normally load a couple of K per session and the bulletfeeders have transformed the chore.

would not recommend extending the tubes further while running on the machine. Keep in mind that the brass has to lift the dropper assembly ( and ALL the bullets resting on it) each time - and too much weight up there can cause problems and extra wear. a better idea is as someone suggested, to buy some long plastic tubes and use those to quickly load up the mini's tube assembly each 100 rounds.

Seems to me that an extension might be less of a load it you drop them in one at a time vs dropping an entire tube full all at once.

Kind of like the effect of trying to push a nail in with all of your weight or hitting it with a 1 pound hammer.

Guys,

I would not recommend extending the tubes further while running on the machine. Keep in mind that the brass has to lift the dropper assembly ( and ALL the bullets resting on it) each time - and too much weight up there can cause problems and extra wear. a better idea is as someone suggested, to buy some long plastic tubes and use those to quickly load up the mini's tube assembly each 100 rounds.

regarding the comments about price and "expensive for what's in the box", I do hear what you are saying. but please keep in mind that there is almost $35,000 of tooling costs to make those plastic parts you see there. they are all customer made, from the tubes to the 6 plastic parts making up the base and head of the two size magazines. that an investment that needs to be recovered. and since this is not an Iphone, there are not going to be millions of them sold... Please keep that in mind, if you would.

thanks for the positive feedback.

PS - what do you think of the idea of using a similar system for brass? if you did not have case feeder - that would be a pretty good second option to have...

Saul

Saul

the guys who don't have a case feeder could definitely use a similar set up to the mini for cases. I made my own from copper tubes adapted to the stock case feeder tube of my 650. Also made some other changes to my press so I could use my Hornady powder cop with an RCBS bullet feeder and combo taper crimp seat die. The combo die is a must for me as I did not want to give up the powder check station just to add a bullet feeder. I have found that combo dies are a bit pickier when it comes to properly seating and crimping bullets but have had no issues with 230 RN's for my 45post-49551-0-88632400-1381695032_thumb.j

MY DIY set up holds a few more cases and bullets than yours,150 vs 100. This works well for me as it's a typical amount of rounds for a match or a training day. I can run these through my press in less than 15 minutes

post-49551-0-65191800-1381695291_thumb.j

I also made a loading tray that fits both bullets and cases, sized to fit my feeder set up. takes less than 5 minutes to load bullets and cases into the feeders. Simply line up bullets or cases and push them into the tubes...

But do match the capacity of a case feeder to the bullet feeder, this way you are turning both feeders at the same time. If timed properly you only have to watch one feeder and when one tube runs dry it's time to turn the other as well.

Edited by TonyK

• 3 weeks later...