Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini Mr. Bulletfeeder?

Just unpacked the Mini Mr BF and have not had a chance to set it up yet My first impression... what a lot of money for so little!

I am sure it will work perfectly but in my mind it just seems like not a lot for 140$.

Perhaps I am out of touch with reality but when I opened the box i was surprised at the contents and a little bit disappointed. Just expected a little more for the $.a8ujuqe3.jpg

Edited by 400driver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the original Mr Bullet Feeder (in the US) and the new Mr Bullet Feeder here (NZ) and I have some of the Mini Bullet Feeders coming for customers. Not sure I like the Mini or the idea behind it. Certainly the dropper system is the real deal and having tubes just sort of like putting crossplys on a Ferrari!

I suspect the Mini will help me sell the New full size Bullet Feeder just that bit easier. Sell a couple real cheap and get them to tell everyone to buy the full size.

I have the original Mr Bullet Feeder (in the US) and the new Mr Bullet Feeder here (NZ) and I have some of the Mini Bullet Feeders coming for customers. Not sure I like the Mini or the idea behind it. Certainly the dropper system is the real deal and having tubes just sort of like putting crossplys on a Ferrari!

I suspect the Mini will help me sell the New full size Bullet Feeder just that bit easier. Sell a couple real cheap and get them to tell everyone to buy the full size.

Exactly!! Just finished running a few tubes of primers and all this has done is made me go "WOW, I need a real bullet feeder!" Slick as all git out, never realized just how fast you could go when you don't have to center a bullet. After the feeder ran dry, still had some to go so I loaded bullets by hand and the difference was significant.

I need to get a real bullet feeder....

over at snipers hide a while back, a dude made a feeder using one tube. removed a ceiling tile and ran that sucker up about 6-7 feet. couple of extra tubes with retaining pins, quite the cheap bullet feeder, if only i had 15 foot ceilings. My wife would never stand for it.

I will eventually have a MR Bulletfeeder.

Yes- good idea! I will just extend the tubes upward the same amount again to hold 200 and that will more than cover my weekly needs. Just need to measure the holes on my return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thinwall tubing with free shipping: http://www.lnt.com/product/plumbing-parts/11442-504991/lees-rigid-plastic-tubing.html

Yes- good idea! I will just extend the tubes upward the same amount again to hold 200 and that will more than cover my weekly needs. Just need to measure the holes on my return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

And THAT is not a bad idea, what will 3 feet get me?

I bought those tubes from Linens n things when trying that homemade version. I need to see if they fit this loading die, never could get the homemade version to run consistently with the lee die set that was recommended.

The 7/16 outer diameter should fit 9mm bullets inside it, the 1/2 outer diameter should fit 10mm bullets inside it, the 9/16 outer diameter should fit .45 cal bullets inside it. I do not know what the outer diameter of the Mini Mr. Bulletfeeder tubes are though.

http://www.lnt.com/product/plumbing-parts/11442-504991/lees-rigid-plastic-tubing.html

Are you really saving time having to load the tubes by hand one at a time? Seems to me same steps and time as just placing bullet on the case. I used the hornady bullet feeder, pour in the bullets, flick the switch and start pulling the handle. Now that's a time saver.

I posted the LnT tubes for examples. never could get them to work with whatever die/feeder was recommended. PITA to load as you have to drop single bullets. At least with the mini you can go two handed, one hand feeding one tube, one hand another. I can also load an LnT tube, and pas it over the empty ones in the mini and it will drop the requisite number of bullets in, but not sure what kind of a time saver that is.

Long story short, will be looking to get a "real" bullet feeder one of these days - but that price....

I will measure the the original tubes tonight. I just want to double the capacity and make some sort of brace for the top new extra tubes.

Yes it's not a MR BF but its a 1/4 of the price .... Ish!

Edited by 400driver

I will measure the the original tubes tonight. I just want to double the capacity and make some sort of brace for the top new extra tubes.

Yes it's not a MR BF but its a 1/4 of the price .... Ish!

Hmm, cutting the LnT tubes down and fitting them over the mini...

Ya gotta love DIY ideas.

Although not as easy as just buying a section of plastic tube, making your own collator is not rocket science and will actually save time down the road.

all your doing with more or longer tubes is just playing a shell game. Sure you don't have to stop as often to fill them but if you can load for twice as long that just makes you spend twice as long loading them when you do have to stop.

Mini BF is now up and running. Works very well and is more than adequate for my needs. Given the height of my bench I will not be extending my feed tubes. Using 9mm , 125 GN RN bullets I was able to fit about 120 into the feeder.

Setup is pretty straight forward however I did manage to bounce one ball bearing into an unknown location! Good thing there are 3 spare.

u8yra8ub.jpg

Am just waiting on the case feeder then I will nearly be at optimum output.

Uniqutech machine shell plate also installed and just the Redding competition seating die to come.

I think if you stack them too high, the weight of the bullets may cause them to drop out at the wrong moment.

All in all, very happy with the product, although It still seems a lot of money for what it is.

Edited by 400driver

Mini BF is now up and running. Works very well and is more than adequate for my needs. Given the height of my bench I will not be extending my feed tubes. Using 9mm , 125 GN RN bullets I was able to fit about 120 into the feeder.

Setup is pretty straight forward however I did manage to bounce one ball bearing into an unknown location! Good thing there are 3 spare.

u8yra8ub.jpg

Am just waiting on the case feeder then I will nearly be at optimum output.

Uniqutech machine shell plate also installed and just the Redding competition seating die to come.

I think if you stack them too high, the weight of the bullets may cause them to drop out at the wrong moment.

All in all, very happy with the product, although It still seems a lot of money for what it is.

After some consideration, There are not enough savings involved to justify the mini. Caveat: This is in my application, I want to sit down and reload 8k+ at a time, I need the Mr Bullet Feeder. At that point, I also need the Dillon Primer filler and more primer tubes.