Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Elections

Paul-the new guy

I have not been shooting that long and I don't know if our section is being run well or not. I am not really involved other than shooting matches, should I even bother to vote?

If you are shooting matches, you are involved enough to vote.

I have not been shooting that long and I don't know if our section is being run well or not. I am not really involved other than shooting matches, should I even bother to vote?

If "you don't know", then what would you base your vote upon?

Personally, a completely uninformed vote isn't doing anyone any good - its just a coin toss. That said - you've got nearly a month to get your vote in. If you're interested you have enough time online to at least research to form an opinion.

If "you don't know", then what would you base your vote upon?

General cussedness? Throw the incumbents out whenever possible.

“Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” - Mark Twain

(I'm joking Flex... you guys are worth every penny you're paid.)

If an election is being held in your area AND there is more than one candidate running, you will receive a ballot. Sadly, I can't find anything on the USPSA website regarding the elections, but it was covered in the last issue of front sight (Bulletin Board, by Val Reule.) According to Val, elections are being held in Area 4, 6, 8 and a special election in Area 7 due to the AD retiring. At the time the article was written, Area 6 was the only one with more than one candidate running, so unless you live in the SE, you won't get a ballot.

The Area 2 election will be next year.

If an election is being held in your area AND there is more than one candidate running, you will receive a ballot. Sadly, I can't find anything on the USPSA website regarding the elections, but it was covered in the last issue of front sight (Bulletin Board, by Val Reule.) According to Val, elections are being held in Area 4, 6, 8 and a special election in Area 7 due to the AD retiring. At the time the article was written, Area 6 was the only one with more than one candidate running, so unless you live in the SE, you won't get a ballot.

Explained very well. Thanks

That would be the result of the George Jones rule -- George won his first term on the board as a write-in candidate. Then the bylaws were changed, so if only candidate declares himself, there won't be a formal election, USPSA simply accepts that candidate's offer to volunteer....