Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited for $1200

I loved the look and feel of the Limited 10mm that I did shoot but it had too many issues so I finally gave up on the platform. I have a Glock 20 and a Colt Delta Elite and I have none of the same issues that plagued my Limited. The gun that I sold was still in the wrap as shipped from Italy. I think the buyer got a very good deal and hope he enjoys it.

What type of issues? Now I'm curious! I have several 10mm's and my Witness pieces (with good mags) have thousands of trouble free high end rounds through them. My only issues have been the rear sights on them. The Hunter I fixed with Red Loctite and the Match is on it's second sight.

Honestly I'm finding my Razorback 1911 possibly the most pesky due to the tight chamber. It also has the most muzzle rise due to the front weight but shoots lights out!

It's limited on capacity as well and although my nicest looking pistol I have debated letting it go.

So how well does the limited in 40, like this one http://www.runzossports.com/witness-limited-smith-wesson-inch-barrel-chrome15-p-39521.html?OBNsid=40f743cecba62585b2b38d5354bba40f compare to an sti etc....does the recoil control, trigger etc feel similar and does it hold up well to lots of rounds?

Also what about a different type of magwell and extended mags to get 20-21 rounds, are those available?

Edited by Prov1x

So how well does the limited in 40, like this one http://www.runzossports.com/witness-limited-smith-wesson-inch-barrel-chrome15-p-39521.html?OBNsid=40f743cecba62585b2b38d5354bba40f compare to an sti etc....does the recoil control, trigger etc feel similar and does it hold up well to lots of rounds?

Also what about a different type of magwell and extended mags to get 20-21 rounds, are those available?

recoil control is great. It's heavy.

Hold up well? I guess so, depends on the user really. Friend of mine has well over 100,000 rounds on his small frame 9x21 witness open gun, never a major breakage.

Trigger, would take some work and polishing to get real nice. Henning created a really slick SA trigger for these as well.

Magwell, Henning makes a nice one, I've got one on my Limited and open gun.

Mags, the newer ones made by mec-gar (K40 I think is the number) work great, have to load normal length .40 though, no long stuff. Henning also has quick on-off base pads, those with the grams innards and 20-21 is a reality. Another option (maybe) for the new mags are the Caspian cape base pads. I honestly don't know if they fit the newer mec-gar designed mags, but they fit on the older large frame tanfoglio mags great, easy on-off.

Thread drift- sorry.

.....Mags, the newer ones made by mec-gar (K40 I think is the number) work great, have to load normal length .40 though, no long stuff....

I've fired 5K rounds at 1.23" OAL through my .40 Match using the K10 mags without any failures to feed. I was told by an expert that the K10 mags are completely different from the K40 mags, but they've worked for me. I haven't tried any other length (after doing a light polish on the feedramp- I say light polish because some machining marks are still visible but I got most of them. I stopped because I was afraid of overdoing it) because it fed perfectly (I've used several 180 grain bullets during that time, including some jhps but mostly Bayou Bullets or BBI).

Edited by jmbaccolyte

The issue with the K-10's have not been they don't work, but rather swell pretty bad when loaded to max capacity (maybe with grams guts and extended base pads as well that allowed for a few more rounds was the culprit?). I think cha-lee did some testing of these, if not him someone else did, at max capacity