Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you want to light up your shell plate?

Not wanting to bag on Uniquetek but this light is not very bright. Thought it might be a bad battery so I put in a new one. Still very dim. So I ended up buying the Skylight kit from inlinefabrication.com ....much better. You do have to have an electrical outlet though.

Not wanting to bag on Uniquetek but this light is not very bright. Thought it might be a bad battery so I put in a new one. Still very dim. So I ended up buying the Skylight kit from inlinefabrication.com ....much better. You do have to have an electrical outlet though.

Dan's light kits are great. He can supply you with a battery power option if you ask nicely. Mine was money well spent.

Everything I have gotten from Dan @ inlinefabrication has been great. Most of it has been one-off modifications of his designs to meet my requirements. Highly recommended.

Edited to correct spelling. Damned iPad autocorrect.

Edited by practical_man

Purchased mine from inline fabrication for my 550 and it is very bright and works well. no batteries just plugs in to the strip on my bench! very affordable also and dan is a great guy to talk with if you have any problems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the uniquetek light and I didn't really care for it. If you use a rapid trim it doesn't really work at all, and even on a regular toolhead got in the way of adjusting dies, so it wound up on the shelf with the rest of the "neat ideas that didn't really work out".

The first light I tried was battery and I can't remember how many times I walked off and killed the batterys. I found a reading lamp with a clamp for the bed headboard and it works good. I installed a piece of ready rod in the back left press mounting hole and clamp the light there.