Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning 3-Gun 2013!

What did I miss?! Is it at Legion in Blakley now?

I guess. Sandra/Aaron sent out at email stating the NSA range has been awarded a contract that will take up the range on the scheduled dates. So they are moving it to Blakely.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did I miss?! Is it at Legion in Blakley now?

I guess. Sandra/Aaron sent out at email stating the NSA range has been awarded a contract that will take up the range on the scheduled dates. So they are moving it to Blakely.

That is a Great facility!
Edited by Lead-Head

Hello Everyone:

Well things for the match are shaping up very nice! Sponsorship has been amazing, shooter interest and support is just the greatest thing, and truly why I wanted to do another match. That said we do have a slight issue...

Due to a contract that has been awarded to NSA, the match will not be able to take place at that facility on the days previously planned. As a result, I have 2 options:

1) Either I can move the event to April, refund everyone's entry fee, send back the wonderful prizes, and then start the whole process over, or

2) Find another location real fast.

Obviously the easy route is to cancel the match this year and start planning for next year, but we like hard work SO, we found another location! The SE3GC will now being held at Legion OTG located in Blakely, GA, less than 50 minutes from NSA. The lodging currently set-up is about 90 minutes to the new location. You are welcome to keep your reservation, however we have new agreements in place pending at 2 Days Inn’s: One is located 26 miles from Legion; the second one is 7 miles away. In addition, we will also have a Holiday Inn in Dothen, AL, 28 miles away and there is a RV park with hotels that we will approach on Monday that is 8 miles away from Legion as well.

I understand this is not the ideal situation, but I promise the match will be fantastic and worth the change in venue. However, if you do not want to move with us, I completely understand and I will issue you a full refund. I hope you will see that this change is a minor one as it will result in a larger venue, albeit slightly further from Columbus, GA.

More details will follow but know we will have food on the range from morning to night so there is no need to leave, and the town of Blakely has several restaurants and watering holes that look forward to serving you. The city of Dothan, AL is only 28 miles away and contains most of the chain establishments you are used to.

I hope you will all bear with me through this rebuilding year as we work to bring back the world class event that was the FB3G. Please take a look at the lodging available in Blakely, specifically the Days Inn, but please wait until Monday when I post the rate and event code to book your room.

Please post any questions here and/or send me an email. I will get you an answer as soon as possible. Just know it has been a struggle, but anything worth doing has its difficulties.

VR,

Aaron Hampton

MD SE3GC

Ladies and Gentlemen: As I understand it, ammo can be shipped to Legion. Aaron will be posting tonight when he returns to the house. I am really excited about the match! As stated above, lots of options at this range!

"Legion Operator Training Group (OTG) is the south eastern premiere military, law enforcement and defense contractor training facility with hosting over 3000 acres of ranges, drop zones and mobility courses."

I asked because I was there and trying to see if I shot with you. My father shot as an RO and I went as a RO helper (meaning he payed my fee). But I shot the match and got housed like an RO) I ended up actually RO-ING when two had to go for a family emergency, Mike and Andy were great! They did give us a refund for the entry fee since I did actually RO and they set up a great match! It was extremely physically demanding, but with all of the things they have at legion it isn't surprising. They were extremely nice ranges!!

Also for any of those who have never been to those facility's you do not need to bring a range cart. The bays are way spread out over several miles so you probably want a car to tote your stuff around in.

Looking forward to a great match at legion I just love the facility's but it will also depend on if they go crazy with long range rifle shots... ;)

I just got my notice that I was excepted. I shot the Task Force dagger match this summer at this range and it was sweet!

I more than likely will be going by myself ,anybody from TFD squad 13 going to be there? It was a great squad.

Take care.

hey thazlett we will be driving down if you need we could bring it with us

Thank you for the offer SamV. It was not really a problem for me personally, I just made the inquiry based on some of the other posts regarding transport of ammo.

I'm actually working on a project now where the job site is located less than two hours south of Columbus and was going to pack up my kit in the truck at home ahead of time and my wife was going to drive it down Friday to meet me coming up. With this potential change in venue I'll probably just stay at my regular hotel in Dothan and take the whole kit when I head down at the beginning of that week.

Legion range is nice. I RO'd at this year's TFD match and it was a great event. The Holiday Inn Express in Dothan is a good bit more than 28 miles though. Probably closer to 38.

Hi all,

Man this is WAY more work than I recall! We'll as Sandra informed all via email we had to make a venue change, all things considered it is for the best. NSA had to make a business decision, and I think they made the right call. It was a 2 comma contract versus a 3-Gun match it sucks but it had to go this way.

Legion adds a whole new level of awesome potential as they have more real estate to play with, and as most of you know I can not let that go to waste so we are redesigning the stages. Don't worry, full round count will go out next week for now plan on 100-125 per system with 15-20 slug.

What to expect, a technical hose fest! Not overly physical but movement is involved, you will have to shoot well and fast, but you will not need wheels, and you will not confuse this match with selection! There will still be 8 stages 3 3-Gun, 4 2-Gun and 1single, all with some serious twists and surprises. You'll shoot slug to 100 yards and your rifle to 350-500 yards, but this will not win or lose the match for you.

I hate that I have to ask you to trust me but over the years I think I have earned the right to ask for your trust that we will put on a match that will make you happy you came a sad if you didn't and that is a promise.

I really need those who signed up but have not yet paid to send in you check ASAP. Also a few dropped out so we have slots so tell the world so we can get this event full!

Check out Legionotg.com to see this amazing facility.

EOTech and Adams Arms are the major match sponsor, and they came in HEAVY!

We do have a full prize table, and I'll have more about our amazing sponsors soon, just know they are great!

On a personal note please do not take my lack of posting here as a lack of effort or concern. I have been working on finding a job and putting this match together plus retiring, it has been a full plate. I have planned it so most other things fad out over the next week and I will then live a breath SE3GC!

Thank you all for your trust and support!

R,

Aaron Hampton

MD, SE3GC

Hi all,

Man this is WAY more work than I recall! We'll as Sandra informed all via email we had to make a venue change, all things considered it is for the best. NSA had to make a business decision, and I think they made the right call. It was a 2 comma contract versus a 3-Gun match it sucks but it had to go this way.

Legion adds a whole new level of awesome potential as they have more real estate to play with, and as most of you know I can not let that go to waste so we are redesigning the stages. Don't worry, full round count will go out next week for now plan on 100-125 per system with 15-20 slug.

What to expect, a technical hose fest! Not overly physical but movement is involved, you will have to shoot well and fast, but you will not need wheels, and you will not confuse this match with selection! There will still be 8 stages 3 3-Gun, 4 2-Gun and 1single, all with some serious twists and surprises. You'll shoot slug to 100 yards and your rifle to 350-500 yards, but this will not win or lose the match for you.

I hate that I have to ask you to trust me but over the years I think I have earned the right to ask for your trust that we will put on a match that will make you happy you came a sad if you didn't and that is a promise.

I really need those who signed up but have not yet paid to send in you check ASAP. Also a few dropped out so we have slots so tell the world so we can get this event full!

Check out Legionotg.com to see this amazing facility.

EOTech and Adams Arms are the major match sponsor, and they came in HEAVY!

We do have a full prize table, and I'll have more about our amazing sponsors soon, just know they are great!

On a personal note please do not take my lack of posting here as a lack of effort or concern. I have been working on finding a job and putting this match together plus retiring, it has been a full plate. I have planned it so most other things fad out over the next week and I will then live a breath SE3GC!

Thank you all for your trust and support!

R,

Aaron Hampton

MD, SE3GC

Thanks for the update! I just mailed my check today. Only because I had forgot to mail it earlier.

Hamp,

I'm with you! I know how much work it is to put on a major 3-gun match and the late change of venue is really tough. The Legion OTG facility is excellent, but I'm sure it's tough to redesign the match for a new location.

Let us know if you need help setting up. I'm not far from LOTG and I could come down to set up if it would help.

Cheers,

Kelly

Its great to hear you found an alternate local & are not canceling it...THANK YOU!

Legion is an awesome venue for a match, however, I swear if you use that dirt hill that I ran up 200x ROing stage 9 @ TFD3G, I may just take a zero on the stage instead of running it one more time :)

Just Curious....does anyone have nightmares of the swinging bridge? :surprise: I recall there were discussions that we could use it to make a bomb fire one year. Any thoughts or stories from you "old" FB3G-ers?

Inquiring minds want to know.

:cheers:

Alright, finally a breather!

So after much debate and budgeting... the bridge is back!! It is going to suck too! It is highly doable and fun (or funny, not certain which).

There will be 3 side matches, one will be sponsored by EOTech and Adams Arms our Major Match Sponsors and Freedom Munitions! this will be a very technical short course ammo provided and winner gets the rifle optic and some ammo!

Pistol side match is run what you brung and will be a cash payout.

Shotgun will also be run what you brung and will give you some...lets say unique 5 stand presentations and will be a cash payout or gun.

In standard FB3G style there will be a zero rang available for use all day Thursday for staff and Friday for everyone.

The Legion Pro-Shop will have special pricing on 5.56, .308 Win, and 9mm ammo from the box to the pallet.

All vendors will be able to sell product! This is huge because of the regulations on Fort Benning this was never an option.

My dad has agreed to stay on sight and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner! You'll want good chow after shooting this match, and you'll need dinner to complement the beer each night!

I know some are concerned about the weather, don't be! I have it from a good source that it will be survivable that weekend. Seriously that weekend has always been conducive to good shooting even if it killed us during set-up and tear down.

When I say the FB3G crew is working this I mean it. All the heavy light they did in the past is being done for the SE3GC, we all want another great match on the first weekend of December, and world class out the gate is the only acceptable outcome!

As for Sponsors the major match Sponsors are EOTech and Adams Arms. They have been overwhelming in there generosity, all shooters will be impressed!

The Stage sponsors have been just as amazing and I have been contacted by most that they plan to bring MORE because of the difficulty! It is amazing how much the industry is behind this come-back.

Freedom Munitions

Xtreme Bullets

Brownell's

Remington Defense

Hear-Pro

Warne Scope Mounts

Black Rain Ordnance

Leupold Optics

Gold

SureFire

The Tactical Medic

Nightforce Optics

PACT Timers

There are several others that have agreed, I am just waiting on the signed agreement to come through. If your a sponsor and we have talked, shoot me an email or the agreement back so we can update. We are already at a higher value than our 3 year of the FB3G and we are smaller! Its going to be awesome even I could win something good!!!

If you need a slot, register now the system will say wait list, but you'll be in the new venue has allowed for some additional spaces and some of you have not sent in your check yet, really need that done soonest to hold your place, let Sandra know it is on the way.

I hate to give too much away but I am WAY more excited about the stages this year than I ever have been. The facilities at Legion allow for so many options and such great stage design that I am blowing the budget on props and building. It would have been easy to move the already designed stages to Legion and call it good, they are GREAT stages, but Legion offers more everything. Our goal has always been to give you a technical hose fest enough shooting to make the trip make sense but technical enought to make you feel like you worked for your placement, and I think we succeeded. This year we get to go from Disney Land to Disney World! yes its that big!

We are behind, but so is every major match worth shooting. When you arrive you will not know it, that I promise!!!

Lodging:

Best available rate and place is George T Bagby State Park

330 Bagby Parkway

Fort Gaines, GA 39851

877-591-5575

$70.00 a night with rate code SE3GC

www.georgetbagby.com for more information

28.4 miles from Legion

Days Inn Cuthbert

142 US Highway 82 East

Cuthbert, GA 39840

229-732-5566

64.00 Double

59.00 single

28 miles from Legion

Still working rates from Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn express in Dothan. Both are 41 miles from Legion. I will post tonight or tomorrow once I have a rate code.

Since we will not have a central Hotel we will post scores on line and allow email challenge that MUST be followed up with a visit in the am, email sent does not equal email received. It is your score, act accordingly.

Hope this helps, I really hope it conveys our excitement. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS MATCH!!!

Thank you all,

Aaron Hampton

MD, SE3GC

www.SE3GC.com