Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kriss Vector

Youngeyes

Looks like it would be a blast in a short barrel, suppressed and full auto format. Since we can't have the major fun switch exception, I see no real point to it myself. I would take one if you handed it to me, but after shooting some sub guns in 22, 9, and 45, I would say it lacks real appeal.

Just pay the stamp to SBR a glock or sig, and then put one of those stocks on it. That is a blast and a lot cheaper, plus more controllable.

I shot about 50 rounds through one. The trigger was about 500% worse than my AR15 and the recoil was about 300% more. If you have money you can't find anything to spend it on why not? But if you don't already have one two or more of everything else why?

My correction above in red.

The ergonomics weren't working for me. Location and shape of the safety thoroughly disappointed/frustrated me. The trigger, recoil, accuracy, etc. (that I experienced) weren't compelling reasons to purchase one (seemed like compelling reason NOT to purchase one). Just my opinion, YMMV.

Edited by ac4wordplay

I shot about 50 rounds through one. The trigger was about 500% worse than my AR15 and the recoil was about 300% more. If you have money you can't find anything to spend it on why not? But if you don't already have one two or more of everything else why?

My correction above in red.

The ergonomics weren't working for me. Location and shape of the safety thoroughly disappointed/frustrated me. The trigger, recoil, accuracy, etc. (that I experienced) weren't compelling reasons to purchase one (seemed like compelling reason NOT to purchase one). Just my opinion, YMMV.

Well said!

I've been shooting them for years at the SHOT Show and have never seen one jam or have any issues. I've always been able to keep full auto bursts and groups on targets at a pretty decent range. I really like the idea of dropping 460 grains of lead in one spot in a very short period of time. I'm not really sure where the haters are coming from. Maybe I've just been lucky with the ones I've handled.

... I've always been able to keep full auto bursts and groups on targets at a pretty decent range...

Chuck,

I keep hearing about you doing full auto mag dumps with a G18... one handed... and keeping all rounds on target (not the upper A from a distance of 50 yards, but still...), and I don't doubt it.

With all due respect (which is a significant amount), your ability to shoot the Kriss well doesn't surprise me, nor does it convince me that the Kriss is a great or desirable platform (considering possible applications and all the alternatives available).

ac

I shot a pile of rounds out of a glock 18, and it's really not that hard to shoot one handed and dump rounds onto target. It's great at that, actually. but the only vectors we can get are semi, so it seems to really miss out on it's intended purpose.

I actually shot a USPSA stage with the 18 and a 33 round mag, putting 4-6 rounds per target. I went as fast as with my semi and made fist sized groups. If I could legally get one of these, I totally would.

... I've always been able to keep full auto bursts and groups on targets at a pretty decent range...

Chuck,

I keep hearing about you doing full auto mag dumps with a G18... one handed... and keeping all rounds on target (not the upper A from a distance of 50 yards, but still...), and I don't doubt it.

With all due respect (which is a significant amount), your ability to shoot the Kriss well doesn't surprise me, nor does it convince me that the Kriss is a great or desirable platform (considering possible applications and all the alternatives available).

ac

You definitely should not believe everything you hear. One handed bursts and two handed mag dumps, sure. One handed mag dumps? Sure with a 4 round mag maybe.

Chuck,

ac

You definitely should not believe everything you hear. One handed bursts and two handed mag dumps, sure. One handed mag dumps? Sure with a 4 round mag maybe.

C'mon Chuck, don't deny it! It was a great story and it adds to the "cult of Chuck" legend.

I didn't think it "recoiled" at all, it kind of pulsed. The whole gun kind of jumps but in no particular direction. Comparing it to an AR makes no sense at all, it's apples to tennis balls.

• 4 months later...

This gun is really only useful for the following reasons:

1. SBR - very compact and easy to deploy with a simple folding stock

2. Magazine sharing

But as mentioned previously other platforms work well. I liked shooting it but not enough to buy one and I usually require no push to buy guns.

I would rather have a M11/nine (full auto) and a Lage Manufacturing slow speed upper. Really controllable full auto.

If you want a full auto subgun, get a full auto subgun, around $5000 total.

This combination wins most of the national subgun competitions

http://www.max-11.com/

I also like this idea

a lage m11/9 that takes suomi mags/drums is on my "must buy some day" list

I've seen kriss vectors at the range and they look weird. if it wasn't so expensive for what it is I would say sure why not, but for 1700 you can get a number of more logical things like rifle caliber carbines, or if you really want a pistol caliber carbine you can get mp5 clones and pistol caliber ar15s.

something else to consider is that the sig mpx should be coming in 2014 and though I think the price is pretty high, you are basically getting 75% of a suppressor with it. once you buy the suppressor sleeve and tax stamp you essentially have a suppressed sbr.

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

The M11 with a Lage is Awesome

1. Adjustable rate of fire, huge advantage in a match

2. Hand to hand mag changes, just like a pistol, not slow like a MP5 or others

3. Drop free mags, unlike most subguns

4. Left side charging handle

5. It is a upper/lower system like a AR

6. With stock upper can shoot up to 2000 RPM! :)

7. Parts are robust and cheap

8. 780 RPM all 36 rounds hit a paper plate at 35 yards with one pull

9. All steel, run it over with your truck and it still works!

10. People that say money can't by happiness, have never shot a machine gun!