Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm base pads?

Vanniek71

Does anyone know if someone makes an aluminum base pad for XDm's? I am trying to take full advantage of the ESP class for IDPA, but the Arredondo extensions I have are too big. Seating a regular mag is hell on your hand with a magwell and no extensions,

I saw the Pistol Gear slam pads, but was looking more for something like this

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_91_258&products_id=1101

Except for the XDm platform.

Anyone know of anything? Or anything that's IDPA legal?

Edited by Vanniek71

Canyon Creek...

+1 for Canyon Creek. Get their base pad and the Grams spring and follower and you're set for 23 +1 in 9mm and 21 in 40, you didn't say what caliber you're shooting but I have this setup on one of my stock Springfield tubes in 9mm and love it.

Canyon Creek...

+1 for Canyon Creek. Get their base pad and the Grams spring and follower and you're set for 23 +1 in 9mm and 21 in 40, you didn't say what caliber you're shooting but I have this setup on one of my stock Springfield tubes in 9mm and love it.

+1 but if you have a 40 you wont be able to get more than 20 reloadable until you break the springs in some. You can get 21 in there but youll have hell getting the mag to seat.

Canyon Creek...

+1 but if you have a 40 you wont be able to get more than 20 reloadable until you break the springs in some. You can get 21 in there but youll have hell getting the mag to seat.

It is tough but the xd gear mag loader makes it possible. The only time I load it with 21 is at the start of a stage. Trying to reload with a full mag mid-stage doesn't work well.

Thanks guys, I'm not looking to add capacity since IDPA you can only run 10 rounds anyways, sounds like the Dawson's are the way to go.

For USPSA I can just get the 140mm extensions and go with it if I wanted to.

And I wouldn't run this gun in USPSA limited anyways because its 9mm/minor, I stick with production.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you make the mag length for limited with the base pads from Dawson with a 16rnd factory tube? Just picked a 5.25 Bio tone up today love it so far just need a bigger stick :)

Yes. I get +3 with them in 40 using the 16rd tube and make length.

Can you make the mag length for limited with the base pads from Dawson with a 16rnd factory tube? Just picked a 5.25 Bio tone up today love it so far just need a bigger stick :)

Yes. I get +3 with them in 40 using the 16rd tube and make length.

I run dawson tool-less pads with grams spring/follower and get +4 reliably

The stock follower will limit the max capacity, the Gram's spring and follower is the way to go. It will yield 21 rounds if the ammo is in spec(diameter) and the spring has taken a set.

Rich

Yes thats what I'm going to be running as soon as I get the followers.

ANYONE: Do you guys trim/grind down the lip on the inside the magazine?

I did but not hardly at all, I'm not sure I even needed to to be honest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Anyone know where there are extended pads for the XDM .45acp? I love the look of the ones from Dawson, but he doesn't make them for the .45. Also shooting IDPA and have box considerations so not looking to add any rounds, just a little more length for use with a magwell.