Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in Short Reset Trigger

alma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the disconnector and make sure it moves freely. It shouldn't be stiff or bind.

Check the trigger return spring and make sure it isn't cracked or damaged.

Check the trigger bar lifter spring and make sure both legs are riding underneath the trigger bar. Also make sure the screw holding it in place is still tight.

If all theses things are god it could be the disconnector is oversized a bit. You might have to remove some material from the back of the hook. Go slow and test it as you go.

Is it working in single action?

Need a little more info. Is it not resetting in SA or DA? If it's Single action then like Lee G said material need removed from the backside of the leg or the trigger bar where the leg hangs over, if it's DA than material needs removed off the front of the wing.

It was only In DA. I would just push the trigger forward a hair after letting the hammer down. It seems to be working now. But if not I need to take a little material off the front flat of the wing?

yes..

that is the part of the disconnector the trigger bar pushes on for DA, so then coming forward the bar needs to slip in front of it for the DA stroke.

it might need just a slight bevel cut on the bottom to insure the bar is slipping past.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I installed the CZC drop in short reset disconnector in my CZC Shadow Target last night. So far it dry fires like a champ and didn't need any fitting. The SA trigger feel is remarkably different to me (good) but it feels like my DA pull got a good bit heavier (meh). Hopefully the DA will smooth out when the parts wear together and I won't have to get in there with the polish.

Here's a composite photo showing the relative trigger resting positions between DA/Old SA/New SA. You can probably figure out which is which :)

overlay_cropped_600.jpg

~Jack

http://Echo-Sigma.com

Yep, the sky high shipping routinely prevents me from ordering from CZ Custom. I ordered two parts that will fit in a flat rate envelope, but had to pay $12 tax. Eerw, I know it isn't your decision, but I really wish you guys would reevaluate your shipping process.

I use flat rate in my business to save my customers money. You wouldn't belive what can fit in a flate rate envelope. If it fits, it ships! You should see my post lady trying to carry the 4000 MG bullets in a small flate rate box. Personally, knowing what shipping costs actually are, many businesses make money off of your shipping, e.g, actual cost $8, but they charge you $12. To me this is the most dishonest thing a business can do.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a Compact L with a manual safety the other day and wanted to add a short rest Disconnector if possible.

Does anyone make one for the B models?

Would the CGW one work with the CZC hammer and other stock parts?

I am also changing out the trigger for the old 85, putting in a new mag break and mainspring plug, and some VZ grips. Interestingly enough the rubber grips that come on the gun are rubbing pretty bad against the magazines causing the mags to not drop free. The new grips should correct this but I was surprised to see that issue.

Edited by alma

I picked up a Compact L with a manual safety the other day and wanted to add a short rest Disconnector if possible.

Does anyone make one for the B models?

Would the CGW one work with the CZC hammer and other stock parts?

I am also changing out the trigger for the old 85, putting in a new mag break and mainspring plug, and some VZ grips. Interestingly enough the rubber grips that come on the gun are rubbing pretty bad against the magazines causing the mags to not drop free. The new grips should correct this but I was surprised to see that issue.

I have the same grip issue with rubber grips on my compact. I had to grind away at the inside of the grips until they no longer contacted the mags. Or, you could install VZs, which are narrower than the factory rubbers.

CGW makes a short reset disconnector for B models.

Edited by twowheels

I installed a cgw disco in my SP-01 Shadow Target Custom. All dry fire functions are correct, but both DA and SA trigger pulls increased a full pound or more. I put the oem disco back in, trigger pulls dropped to previous low values (3, 7#)

Any remedies for this?

I've been considering these two and see differences in the write-ups.

The CZCustom disco says "shortens the reset" and pretravel.

The CGW disco says removes most of the pre-travel. David says the reset itself is not changed.

Sure would like to see a comparison.

I'll add my video to the mix:

Note: This is CZC's "drop-in" version, NOT their over-sized SRTS that they then hand-fit in their shop, which I assume would produce even better results.

Also, after I cycle the slide, the first time I try to show the little bit of movement in the trigger after reset, the gun is wobbling, which exaggerates the movement a little. I then steadied the pistol with my free hand so that most ( still wobbled a little) of the movement is of the trigger. Also, notice that the trigger doesn't move forward one iota after reset. I'm happy. :cheers:

iDescribe... Your CZC drop-in disconnector is amazing for not being hand fit. :bow: I haven't been able to do any better than that on mine, even spending a lot of time with a stone and an over-sized disco to get it as close as I could. I'm sure this will vary just a bit given tolerances of the trigger bow and the disconnector itself, but holy cow, your's hit it just right. Awesome!

It looks as if you have a bit of creep in the sear/hammer. You could shorten the hook height a touch (from the tip, down) and not ruin any surface hardening. Mine still has just a touch of creep, but I'm not going any further with it in fear of screwing it up! ^_^ You really need a jig to get it right.

Good job!

Edited by smokemup

As far as the creep goes, yeah, there's just a bit. I may one day do (or have something done) about it, but the reality is that I can only detect it when I hold the gun sideways, pull on the trigger with the minimum force it takes for it to move and break, AND look for it. If I actually point the gun away, and fire normally, I can't detect it. Still, might get out the stones and polish some day and see what I can do.

As far as "Good Job!" goes, that credit goes to the designers. I didn't do jack. :bow:

• 8 months later...

It was only In DA. I would just push the trigger forward a hair after letting the hammer down. It seems to be working now. But if not I need to take a little material off the front flat of the wing?

yes..

that is the part of the disconnector the trigger bar pushes on for DA, so then coming forward the bar needs to slip in front of it for the DA stroke.

it might need just a slight bevel cut on the bottom to insure the bar is slipping past.

Yup this might help.

type1-disco2_zpse2a7e4d2.jpg

Thanks to cublazer over at the czforums for the pic.

I am having this same issue so do I take the material off with a file and then sand it for the best result or are we talking taking a lot more material and a dremel may be necessary.

My DA is failing to engage but just like the original poster if i push on the trigger a little or let the trigger snap forward it will engage the DA. also am I taking material of the edge of the wing or accross the whole flat portion of the wing.

Thanks

Edited by jonb.

The whole flat portion is how I do it. I use a diamond file to remove it just till it clears and resets than I clean it up with sand paper.

Thank you very much for clarifying!