Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack 40

McGlock

Looking into single stack next year. Looking to purchase a 40 but I live in the "wonderful" state of California. What do you guys recommend the best option is? Should I single shot exempt it?

Was thinking of getting a Colt Delta Elite and rebarreling it for 40 instead of 10mm.

Any thoughts?

UGH!

A new barrel; BarSto, Kart, Schuemann are going to run you a couple of hundred bucks, then finding the right gunsmith to fit it.

Is the Delta a series 70 or 80 pistol.

What SS guns are allowed in CA: Baer, Wilson, STI?

Out of the box, Wilson is a pretty darn good pistol. A Baer needs a break in period. And STI require a lot of part replacements - IMO.

Who are you thinking of locally to do the work?

I believe all Colt Deltas are series 80 guns. This means you need series 80 specific parts and you have a firing pin block safety, or you have to put a plate in to take the place of the FPB lever. There are some smiths that can do a good trigger job on a series 80 gun, but it will be harder to get a competition type trigger pull.

Can you get a Caspian or STI frame in Cali and have it built up?

Keep in mind that there is pending legislation that will eliminate the single shot exemption as we know it at the end of 2013. I don't believe there are many (if any) 40 single stacks on the list, so if that's what you have your mind set on you should work on getting it as soon as possible. Have you looked at an STI Trojan via SSE? Those are pretty readily available and much more cost effective than rebarreling a 10mm.

Not from a store. Bare frames can only be bought from a private party CA resident in a face to face transaction. Pretty difficult to find someone willing to part with one and if you do the price is usually high.

Looking into single stack next year. Looking to purchase a 40 but I live in the "wonderful" state of California. What do you guys recommend the best option is? Should I single shot exempt it?

You can buy a "legal" 1911, pretty sure some come in .40. Unfortuanately, the really good ones like STI are no longer legal.

Not from a store. Bare frames can only be bought from a private party CA resident in a face to face transaction. Pretty difficult to find someone willing to part with one and if you do the price is usually high.

Correct. The frame has to have been in the state legally, it can't be imported if not on the list unless for LE use.

I got my Trojan through sse..

Get the extreme firing control group.

Drops in your good to go :)

Maybe have jimmy polish the sear and hammer..

Trojan with tgo magwell is as good as it gets..

Move out of California. That is the most ridiculous stuff that I have heard. We are freaking out about welding up our big sticks and you cant get a single stack .40. UN-RIGHTEOUS. There is a land over the hills known as Texas. We should all go there.

Edited by wes777

Correct. The frame has to have been in the state legally, it can't be imported if not on the list unless for LE use.

Or frames/off roster guns can come as a gift from a parent/child, grandparent/grandchild out of state- but SSE is simple enough. It is annoying but it works for Trojans, 2011s, sawed off shotguns (I have a 6.5" barreled 870), Uzis etc. It is unfortunate, but until AB169 goes through the door is wide open...