Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Preference

RePete

Iam going back to irons after using red fiber. I have been ordering guns with the red fiber but after shooting a friends 1911 with irons I realize Iam more accurate with irons and the fiber is distracting me by looking at the fiber instead of the top of the sight post.

I too have been shooting red, but it has been fuzzy of late. I have been thinking it i may need new glasses but maybe I should give green a try for these 61 year old eyes. Or maybe try an open gun I got about a year and a half ago and never really shot much.

I'm 37 and have better than 20/20 in both eyes. Red for me is definitely brighter but fuzzes out the whole site for me as well. I like green much better. Just enough brightness and let's me refine the front sight alignment for an extra precise shot.

I too have been shooting red, but it has been fuzzy of late. I have been thinking it i may need new glasses but maybe I should give green a try for these 61 year old eyes. Or maybe try an open gun I got about a year and a half ago and never really shot much.

Try the green. I think it will work better for you especially with the clay colored berms at your range. Gale

I use the green now (just switched them) because I can follow the sights better. As a shooter in the other thread said, as an open shooter I see the red dot where I want it and do not even look for the rear sight relationship.

Brian

I like the green FO front with the bomar rear on my Limited gun. Similar setup on my SIG Production gun. The green seems easier to focus on in all lighting conditions and does not seem to wash out like the red did. Plus, I have an Open gun so with a green FO I dont have the subconcious urge to shoot it at warp speed like an Open gun haha

I am running red becasue it was in my XDm 5.25 when I got it. I have since added a red FO front to my Colt for SS and like it a lot. I have green FO inserts for all these and might try them one day. I use neon yellow acylic paint on the back of the front blade on my S&W 25 in Revo and my old Bomar-ribbed PPC S&W 10 for NRA Action Pistol.

I started with red but have switched to green for now on all but one gun. I have two identical pistols setups, basically the only difference is one with red and the other with green fiber optics. While sighting them in a couple weeks ago I couldn't decide which I liked better so I'm just going to leave them like they are until I find one stands out as better for me.

Edited by Who Knew