Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open M&P Holster

KungPfoo

I'm planning on building an Open M&P Pro with the 4 port Carver Comp. The reason is I'm doing this instead of a S_I is because it's far cheaper, under 2 grand including mags and accessories, I know I'm not competitive for M class, I don't have time to travel for regional competition, ad I want a fun project. I plan on using it in USPSA and 3 gun. I'd like for the holster to lock strong enough to be suitable for 3 gun use, though for now I'm just planning on using a kydex holster for those games.

My real question is what holster is compatible with an M&P that long and preferred for USPSA use? CR Speed, DAA, Safariland, or something else?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Guess I got lucky by getting the hogue power speed holster years ago... It has worked for any gun I want to put it! From a 6906 , 1911, and now my core 5" and it works with a comped 5" I use! It is adjustable in all ways and its under 100bks if ya shop around. It locks the trigger guard in place if ya need to run from stage to stage also.

• 3 weeks later...

On the Safariland 014, which model is it? There are basically two variations (other than color), and nothing on their website(s) (Safariland.com or Holsters.com) mentions M&P.

I like red, so there is either 014-683-351 or 014-853-351.

Which one works?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my DAA Racer from Shooters Connection, ordered Saturday, showed up today, from KY to OR, that's great Customer Service. Anyway, adjusted it and locked it down in about 10min. I can't tell the difference between drawing M&P from DAA and 2011 from Limcat, just as smooth. Two [emoji106] up!

I'm thinking of going with a frame mount C-More optic, as opposed to the slide-ride... so holster selection is limited. Can't use the AA with the Carver frame mount, since it uses the accessory rail.

JW

If your optic will mount on the slide like it does on my CORE M&P and its a Trigion then I think the holster I use is the best and least expensive way to go. Its also one of the best made and rugged holsters I have seen.

C.O.M. Center of Mass

They have a web site and can make you the perfect holster for your pistol.

If you mounting you optic to the pistol frame, then I would recommend the Double Alpha, or Ghost both work very well for that need.

Hope this is helpful

• 10 months later...

PC13, Based on what JeffWard said in post #16 (and CrawfishStu in post #11) the DAA probably won't work. It doesn't look like the Manny Bragg, Ghost, or Safariland will work either. I'd try calling Bobby Carver and see what he recommends, he's been quick to answer questions for me before.

I'm working on a new S&W build and chose the SJC 90 degree mount over the Carver mount so I can use my Safariland 014 (I've been using a Core for a couple of years and wanted to try a different direction) The picture of the SJC mount is still in the building stage.

i-HVKmsWR.jpg

i-j3fXQKr.jpg

Bkreutz,

I also played around with my CORE by adding a comp, and optic. I have a J-Point and find the lens size to be small. I thought about trying a larger optic, but the products are limited for the mount.

I thought about a frame mount, but since an M&P has such a loose fit on its "rails", I can't imagine that combination can be accurate at all. Do you have some "tuned" blocks?

Bkreutz,

I also played around with my CORE by adding a comp, and optic. I have a J-Point and find the lens size to be small. I thought about trying a larger optic, but the products are limited for the mount.

I thought about a frame mount, but since an M&P has such a loose fit on its "rails", I can't imagine that combination can be accurate at all. Do you have some "tuned" blocks?

Don't have any "tuned" blocks, but if I find that to be a problem, I may investigate that solution. It may not be a problem, time will tell.