Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you classified in every division

DrLove

Folks,

Again, newbie here started shooting USPSA. So I've been shooting production and just got an open platform so I'll start shooting open/production. Question is, are most of you classified in all division or how does that work? do you shoot two or more divisions per match? What's the trend here folks?

Do you shoot two divisions in one match? Or just change divisions between matches?

I shoot two divisions in one match. My local club lets us shoot through with one gun and then change guns and shoot the match again. I've been shooting open and revolver this year. Was going to change my second gun between matches, but realized that I'm just about guaranteed to win the year end award in revolver.

Not in Open or Revolver, no Open gun and no gear for revolver. At our clubs special classifier match last year shot Limited, Limited 10 and Production with the same gun, XDM 40.

Nothing to stop you from shooting your production gun in open, just like limited!

Mike

There was a time when I was obsessed with being set up in each division, but I got over that. I've never shot a 1911 I liked nearly as much as my CZ Tactical Sport, so I figure why bother? I'm a CZ guy. I have CZs to shoot in Open, Limited, L10 and Production; that should keep my busy for a while...

Not in Open or Revolver, no Open gun and no gear for revolver. At our clubs special classifier match last year shot Limited, Limited 10 and Production with the same gun, XDM 40.

Nothing to stop you from shooting your production gun in open, just like limited!

Mike

You are right I should have done that this year, they call it open for a reason. :P

Considering the cost to field a gun in a division...no.

L10, Limited and SS.

Have no desire to shoot revolver (sold the 625 I had worked over and all those damn moon clips too!) and it's too early for me to go to a dot.

Before I got crazy about buying six competition rigs, I realized I could swap rigs with another shooter for a match or a season. Much cheaper...

Keep in mind any SS/Prod/Rev rig you own is legal in Open, Lim, and Lim10. A revolver can also go to production. No need for 6 rigs.