Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Beretta Model 1301

bthp

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trapr, I get you, you are one of the great shotgun gurus. But Benny's right. My issue is with their advertising. Hell, a Remington 1100 Tac 4 is "competition ready out of the box", just weighs a ton. This was not a well informed roll out with knowledgeable distributors. This gun should have shipped with an extension and at least three chokes. Which should be supplied by the distributor. Guys like Sam Cummings would have said , who do your think you're kidding? The gun is not crap, it is just not competition ready. We all know Ty's prowess at skeet and trap and Benny is one of the most knowledgeable shooters on any platform out there. One of my favorite things to do at any three gun match is shoot the shit with Benny and Ty, they have forgotten more than I know. So if they are pulling this gun apart, I'm not off. It is a nice gun, needs some 600 grit work to smooth it out inside, but I like the gun. It's just not usable as is. That's the gun business bullshit I'm talking about. The red fiberoptic sight is humungous-it s a tactical slug sight. Not a big fan of mid-rib sight, will probably pull it. I light the short stock, but somehow the whole thing seems rushed, not a complete package. And needs work. SInce Ty and I are immensely wealthy and can afford to buy what ever we want(not), we got them right away. We'll see. Or maybe we are just gun freaks and like to see what's out there. After three surgeries, I am going to need a break. I think this is the best gas gun to come out for IPSC, but we'll see.

No manufacturer is going to make a gun that is 100% suitable for everyone, and I mean No manufacturer!! this gun has probably 95-98% of the work done, yeah you need to buy an extension, but then you need to buy mags for AR's also!! or optics!! etc.

Does the gun NEED the stuff that Benny might do to it?? NO!! Do some people WANT the stuff done?? SURE!!

As for the choke tube, IC will do 95-98% of what you need, YES, it would have been nice to have 3, why they did that is beyond me?????? but, they are providing a GAS gun, a proven good gas gun at a very reasonable price, my guess is any extra NEEDED work should only set the purchaser back 200.00 plus whatever extension they want.

I have no affiliation with Beretta, just that I know the guy that helped design the gun, and its a proven platform, and I like good shotguns, I shoot for the other "B" shotgun maker.

Benny, try a Nova barrel nut, they are the same as Beretta Xtrema's.

Trapr

No manufacturer is going to make a gun that is 100% suitable for everyone, and I mean No manufacturer!! this gun has probably 95-98% of the work done, yeah you need to buy an extension, but then you need to buy mags for AR's also!! or optics!! etc.

Does the gun NEED the stuff that Benny might do to it?? NO!! Do some people WANT the stuff done?? SURE!!

As for the choke tube, IC will do 95-98% of what you need, YES, it would have been nice to have 3, why they did that is beyond me?????? but, they are providing a GAS gun, a proven good gas gun at a very reasonable price, my guess is any extra NEEDED work should only set the purchaser back 200.00 plus whatever extension they want.

I have no affiliation with Beretta, just that I know the guy that helped design the gun, and its a proven platform, and I like good shotguns, I shoot for the other "B" shotgun maker.

Benny, try a Nova barrel nut, they are the same as Beretta Xtrema's.

Trapr

Trapr, other than the ext tube and chokes do you think that anything else should be done to the gun? You talked about $200 of "needed" work.

I ordered a Nordic tube +6 tube since I am getting a 24" barrel. The Nova/beretta extreme barrel nut fits the 1301. Now I need a couple of Briley chokes to complete the package.

Strabala, yes it's called an a400 xplor

I've decided a rear sight, plus removing to sharp edges on the loading port, anything else will be determined after a few cases of shooting. An extra choke in mod would be on the short list

Yeah, Trapr, as usual you are the voice of reason and wisdom. I love the gun, Just going to get a +2 extension to start (or +4) whichever is available, get a Mod Optima choke (I think that's the correct choke) and change the front sight to green. Maybe do a little hand work inside with 600 grit paper to smooth the machining edges. My first gas gun in years, but I need it it right now. It feels great. I'm not sure the lifter needs anything-we'll see.

I would love to see how this plays out long run as I have been saving my pennies and am almost ready for a shotgun (need to get some glass for my AR first though). Been fortunate enough to shoot stages with a SLP, M2, and a Versimax, but with my budget I need something as ready to go out of the box as possible. I realize that anything is going to need some work, but the more budget friendly the better.

I got one. No mag extension, its a 6+1, came with one choke, an IC. Sending it back until they get their shit together. It's nice and light and may be good. Don't compare it to Roberto's custom made gun. I hate gun business bullshit.

1301 is a 3" gun

3" - 5+1

2.75" - 6+1 ????

Sorry when the 1301 has no mag extension.

Edited by speedjunkiesracing

I can tell you first hand it is wicked fast.

Whats your opinion on recoil vs say the M2 or VM ? Would love to hear some feedback from someone who's shot it....Do I pull the trigger on this one for under 1k or build up a M2 ?????

either gun will run and run, both have great history in practical shotgunning. And neither should have breakage issues on the stock parts with good maintenance in the first 5000 rds. The Beretta is only NEW here in the US, my buddy Roberto Vezzoli, the Beretta shooter had a big hand in redesigning the A400 into this gun made for practical SG. he has been using it to win numerous matches for the last few years in Europe as well as the last PanAm SG match last month.

That said, both the Benelli and the Beretta will be around for years with a low malfunction count, given proper maintenance.

I can tell you first hand it is wicked fast.

Whats your opinion on recoil vs say the M2 or VM ? Would love to hear some feedback from someone who's shot it....Do I pull the trigger on this one for under 1k or build up a M2 ?????

So any comparisons on the recoil of the 1301 versus the Versa Max?

So when is the Beretta ARX100 rifles actually going to ship?

Will there be a Team Beretta for 3 gun?

I would do it as long as I don't have to use their pistols!
I was thinking the same thing

I got this-price was good. Some pretty good friends of mine as noted above have verified this gun.

All I've done so far is add a Nordic extension to get to 8+1-good for TacOps, Limited, and IPSC Standard. I'll let a couple guys look at it before I decide to do anything else to it. To me, it needs nothing else. Except maybe a little sanding of a half moon in the bottom of the receiver so shot doesn't hit a brick walI when loading. I load weak hand and it goes just fine. Still in process of adjusting mag spring. It is softer than my Benelli M1Super90's done up by Taran Tactical, but so is a sledgehammer. Just kidding, but I'm getting to be made of unobtainium myself and the gas gun is a little softer. I think it's a great gun, shoots where I point it. Handles really well for the Tom Knapp type stuff. Keeper.

post-14685-0-14620100-1375927236_thumb.j

post-14685-0-79389200-1375927131_thumb.j